Per the California Attorney General Vanguard is operating illegally as a non profit

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Well, you were a drummer.  Your back doesn’t bother you a little? Jim says his does but his knees are fine. 

Not really. I played hockey all the way from age 5 through college and even into adulthood, so I credit that for saving the knees. That compared to marching around up and down the 50 with a 20 lb drum on a sling took a lot more out of me over the course of time, but I was pretty lucky and was actually a fair physical specimen BITD. Of course now people ask, "Gee, what happened?" 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

They are both box 5. 

NCAA has more money to be even more inefficient

11 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Well, you were a drummer.  Your back doesn’t bother you a little? Jim says his does but his knees are fine. 

my knees have some issue from way too many rehearsals on a parking lot.....wearing bass drums

• Like 1

So last day of the month. Anyone want to give a recap of what SCV board has done during April. All I see is claims of retiring the past debt(?) and nothing that is pointing the organization in the right direction for the future (or even 2024). 🤷🏻

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So last day of the month. Anyone want to give a recap of what SCV board has done during April. All I see is claims of retiring the past debt(?) and nothing that is pointing the organization in the right direction for the future (or even 2024). 🤷🏻

And they are “claims” of retired debt.  If true it is an amazing feat considering all other issues remain unresolved.   They should be multitasking or rather multiresolving, if there is any hope to get back on the field, competitively, in 2024. Is there anything publicly verifiable, to confirm debts are retired?   Showing any progress towards needed leadership changes,  might help an increasing credibility problem.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

And they are “claims” of retired debt.  If true it is an amazing feat considering all other issues remain unresolved.   They should be multitasking or rather multiresolving, if there is any hope to get back on the field, competitively, in 2024. Is there anything publicly verifiable, to confirm debts are retired?   Showing any progress towards needed leadership changes,  might help an increasing credibility problem.

I think the bigger issue will be untangling the books from the last several seasons to a degree where a CPA can review them and feel comfortable signing off on audits. It is their license that is on the line, and the CA AG is already looking closely at what is going on.    

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So the problem remains the outside is to take the SCV leadership at their word, which so far has not been credible in any regard. 

Quantitatively, it looks like Charles Frost pitched them in a 45 degree angle full throttle nose dive (I quantify this with the largest deficit to date of -$545K even in the largest revenue year to date). Then he bails. 

Then they hire a guy bent on shutting down the A-Corps for a community theater, and didn't think 45 degree nosedive was sufficient, and then took it to 60 degrees. They thought he was bad at the helm and got rid of him. 

Now, not to be outdone they replace the previous two leaders with a team that can't be outclassed with 60 degree nosedive, and make it a full 90 degrees straight down, and #### the torpedoes full steam ahead into 2022 without resolving anything in the previous two years that a magic pandemic they were handed on a silver platter to hide all their previous disasters.  

The Santa Clara Vanguard has disassembled their drum corps and has lost the institutional knowledge to logistically support a Drum Corps that can get to and back from DCI Finals and place in the top 12. 

Edited by Richard Lesher
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3