NEW Friends of DCI "Perk"

7 hours ago, Tim K said:

For me, the concession lines were more of an issue and and an express line for Friends of DCI would be a great perk. There are not enough that are open and staffing need not be an issue. Volunteer groups staff concession stands at major sports venues as a fundraiser for their organizations. As you probably know, Boston Crusaders volunteers used to staff concessions at Patriots games. They still could. Other than getting vaccinated I haven’t been to Gillette since 2015. In the past the band boosters from Roncalli High School in Indy used to staff the concessions for the 138-142 section which according to the mother I spoke with was lucrative for the program and they were given complimentary seats so their kids could see the show. That didn’t happen this year or at least it didn’t seem to be the case and it’s not a Covid issue because they were there in 2021.

It took 30 minutes to get a water.  That’s ridiculous. You could pass out from dehydration before you get one.  I started smuggling them in. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, denverjohn said:

DCI's version of TSA precheck. 

Or the Disney FastPass. 

• Like 1

That is why you should volunteer with a corps. go in the corps entrance or through the tunnel take a break head out to your food truck and snack up all you want, (thoough you may have to cook for 200 people before you can snack.

• Like 1

I actually think this is a nice perk. Low impact on stadium operations for what might be a smoother way in and out. It has the added benefit of everyone who is NOT a Friends of DCI member seeing a very visible way the program works for people. 

I also agree that a special concession line would be really helpful although I'd pay double the price to have access to good quality food with some healthy options in a separate room somewhere!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 4:18 PM, Tim K said:

You may be giving them too much credit. My prediction is it will be an entrance that will not have long lines but will be a much longer distance from the entrance to the seating area. 🙂

After last year’s fiasco I spoke with DCI staff and specifically asked if they would be bringing back a separate entrance for FODCI as they had through 2019. They were non-committal. My friends with mobility issues opted not to come to Indy as a result, and the rest of our group opted out of FODCI. So, their timing for announcing the restoration of this perk is odd as it is too late to affect people’s decisions. 

• Like 1

i checked here in my viewing facility...the line to the entrance to either area in which Flo is viewable should be pretty quick access, and a helluva lot cheaper

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i checked here in my viewing facility...the line to the entrance to either area in which Flo is viewable should be pretty quick access, and a helluva lot cheaper

But...you get what you pay for. 

9 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

But...you get what you pay for. 

yup....no trip to Indy, no lines, bourbon instead of over priced beer, comfy seats...

my bank account is ok

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 12:55 PM, DrumCorpsRadio said:

I actually think this is a nice perk. Low impact on stadium operations for what might be a smoother way in and out. It has the added benefit of everyone who is NOT a Friends of DCI member seeing a very visible way the program works for people. 

I also agree that a special concession line would be really helpful although I'd pay double the price to have access to good quality food with some healthy options in a separate room somewhere!

I'm with you about the food. Unfortunately I'm the type of person who believes I should be in my seat for every corps and there really just isn't any options to run to outside of the stadium during a break and be back in time. It sucks because the food in the stadium really isn't healthy and is way overpriced. I attempt to eat as much as I can at my hotel's free breakfast before going to the stadium in hopes of being able to hold off for a while. 

• Like 2