NEW Friends of DCI "Perk"

Just received the email that I will be given a "special" Friends of DCI card that will allow my entry into a super secret, super cool, Friend of DCI only entry point all three nights of finals. Interesting way to try to alleviate the issue of getting people inside the stadium on time.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Just received the email that I will be given a "special" Friends of DCI card that will allow my entry into a super secret, super cool, Friend of DCI only entry point all three nights of finals. Interesting way to try to alleviate the issue of getting people inside the stadium on time.....

Oh, I see…now their evil plot becomes clear.  Explains Saturday night’s fiasco perfectly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But if you don’t fork over enough they don’t tell you the super secret handshake…. 😈😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Oh, I see…now their evil plot becomes clear.  Explains Saturday night’s fiasco perfectly.

You may be giving them too much credit. My prediction is it will be an entrance that will not have long lines but will be a much longer distance from the entrance to the seating area. 🙂

• Like 1

I’ve never had to wait on Thursday. I don’t think anyone has, but I arrive early to see everyone. Friday I have had to wait but not long enough to complain. Until last year I never waited on Saturday, so the Thursday and Friday are not enough of a perk to join Friends of DCI.

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

DCI's version of TSA precheck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, denverjohn said:

DCI's version of TSA precheck. 

Well if that's the case, I wonder if my military ID card will get me in lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I guess the rest of us are F****d again. Lol

I'm only going Thursday this year. I'm still upset about Saturday last year. I enjoyed going to park to watch warm ups then sprinting to stadium for Finals. Unfortunately missed part of the show because of the lines. No waiting on Thursday!

3 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Wouldn’t a perk be shorter, quicker concession lines?

For me, the concession lines were more of an issue and and an express line for Friends of DCI would be a great perk. There are not enough that are open and staffing need not be an issue. Volunteer groups staff concession stands at major sports venues as a fundraiser for their organizations. As you probably know, Boston Crusaders volunteers used to staff concessions at Patriots games. They still could. Other than getting vaccinated I haven’t been to Gillette since 2015. In the past the band boosters from Roncalli High School in Indy used to staff the concessions for the 138-142 section which according to the mother I spoke with was lucrative for the program and they were given complimentary seats so their kids could see the show. That didn’t happen this year or at least it didn’t seem to be the case and it’s not a Covid issue because they were there in 2021.