AI and DCI

The use of synthesizers brought on some conversations over the years.  "Why march contras when the board is doing the same thing?"  With the way AI is taking off, what are the thoughts of DCP members about having AI play any of the show music?  Could AI have a place in the marching arts?

4 minutes ago, TOC said:

The use of synthesizers brought on some conversations over the years.  "Why march contras when the board is doing the same thing?"  With the way AI is taking off, what are the thoughts of DCP members about having AI play any of the show music?  Could AI have a place in the marching arts?

You just sent a shiver up my spine, and not in a good way.

• Like 6

AI could mean the return of real drill design, as it would finally provide more room to innovate there. Whatever it takes, right?

Edited by Hrothgar15

I’ve seen AI generated “pictures” of impossibly, perfect visions of the female form. If fashion models became an impossible standard for young ladies to live up to, causing eating disorders and other self-image distortions, these AI generated portraits took this unachievable standard up to 11. It can’t be healthy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’ve seen AI generated “pictures” of impossibly, perfect visions of the female form. If fashion models became an impossible standard for young ladies to live up to, causing eating disorders and other self-image distortions, these AI generated portraits took this unachievable standard up to 11. It can’t be healthy. 

I'm ok with AI watering my lawn while I'm away, but I don't want it driving my car, or writing my music.

A scientist friend pointed out that what I want won't actually matter. We're doomed.

Have a nice day, HAL.

• Haha 1

Ok I asked Chat GPT to design us a championship show with a theme and music selections.

---

Sure, I'd be happy to help design a championship show for Drum Corps International!

Theme: "Revolutionary Rhythms"

Description: The show will explore the idea of revolution through the lens of percussion music, incorporating a mix of classical and contemporary styles to create a dynamic and exciting performance. The show will be divided into three main sections, each highlighting a different aspect of revolution: the struggle, the change, and the aftermath.

Music Selections:

Section 1 - The Struggle

"Mars, the Bringer of War" from "The Planets" by Gustav Holst

"Revolution" by Diplo (feat. Faustix, Imanos, and Kai)

"Sabre Dance" by Aram Khachaturian

Section 2 - The Change

"The Rite of Spring" by Igor Stravinsky

"Jungle" by Tash Sultana

"Eruption" by Van Halen

Section 3 - The Aftermath

"Adagio for Strings" by Samuel Barber

"When the Levee Breaks" by Led Zeppelin

"In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg

Overall, the show will feature a wide range of percussion instruments and techniques, from traditional marching band drums to electronic and experimental sounds. The music will be choreographed to visually highlight the theme of revolution, with intense and dramatic movements to accompany the powerful rhythms. The show will conclude with a final section that ties together the themes of struggle, change, and aftermath, leaving the audience with a sense of both the challenges and the possibilities of revolution.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Ok I asked Chat GPT to design us a championship show with a theme and music selections.

---

Sure, I'd be happy to help design a championship show for Drum Corps International!

Theme: "Revolutionary Rhythms"

Description: The show will explore the idea of revolution through the lens of percussion music, incorporating a mix of classical and contemporary styles to create a dynamic and exciting performance. The show will be divided into three main sections, each highlighting a different aspect of revolution: the struggle, the change, and the aftermath.

Music Selections:

Section 1 - The Struggle

"Mars, the Bringer of War" from "The Planets" by Gustav Holst

"Revolution" by Diplo (feat. Faustix, Imanos, and Kai)

"Sabre Dance" by Aram Khachaturian

Section 2 - The Change

"The Rite of Spring" by Igor Stravinsky

"Jungle" by Tash Sultana

"Eruption" by Van Halen

Section 3 - The Aftermath

"Adagio for Strings" by Samuel Barber

"When the Levee Breaks" by Led Zeppelin

"In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg

Overall, the show will feature a wide range of percussion instruments and techniques, from traditional marching band drums to electronic and experimental sounds. The music will be choreographed to visually highlight the theme of revolution, with intense and dramatic movements to accompany the powerful rhythms. The show will conclude with a final section that ties together the themes of struggle, change, and aftermath, leaving the audience with a sense of both the challenges and the possibilities of revolution.

Two thoughts:

1.  No props?  AI has a way to go yet.

2.  Can AI help line up the music rights in advance? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Not sure I should be concerned just yet.

kerasal-fungal-nail-renewal-late-night-s

• Haha 1

If AI doesn't kick out a show that includes Channel One Suite, Appalachian Spring, Spartacus and Young Person's Guide, I ain't watching it. 

• Like 1