Mandarins 2023

27 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Heading to UTC in a few minutes. Does anyone know if they are in the main stadium?

Confirmed. They are in the main stadium. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Tell him not to rub dirt on it or else it could get really infected. 😂

Best of luck to him and the rest of the corps these final 2 weeks! Hope they can stay healthy and finish this season off strong.

I can't choose whether to Thank, Laugh, or Like your comment LMAO. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I just texted him to ask, but they maybe rehearsing now so he may not respond. If I hear anything, I will let you know asap. 

Want me to embarras him screaming "(don't know his name" your dad says hi!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Want me to embarras him screaming "(don't know his name" your dad says hi!"

Oh please do lol. His name is Deandre but he goes by Dre. 

He'll probably look up at you like "Who the **** is that guy?!?!

LMAO!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ok. Who is going to Annapolis? We gonna organize a “Go Dre!” Yell?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Ok. Who is going to Annapolis? We gonna organize a “Go Dre!” Yell?

Funny story...............

So last year when he was with Gold, wife and I went to Marion for OC finals. Because the wife had to go back to work on Thursday, we couldn't stay for WC finals. 

So we are at the stadium in Marion, and we befriended these three ladies that were sitting behind us. They were SCV alums who marched in the late 70s early 80s. Nicest people you could ever meet.

So retreat was winding down and they asked us if we were going to be Indy, we told them unfortunately not. They said no worries we got you guys covered. They asked us our son's name and they said they would cheer for him. 

Fast forward to when my son came home. We are driving home from the airport and I ask him.......

"Hey by any chance at Lucas Oil did anyone cheer for you.................he goes...........Uh yea I was coming onto the field and I heard a bunch of ladies scream GO DRE!!!...........It caught me off guard as I was thinking........I swear Mom and Dad left Indy yesterday, and how do those old ladies know my name."

LMAO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

They sound great Chief!

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

So last year when he was with Gold, wife and I went to Marion for OC finals. Because the wife had to go back to work on Thursday, we couldn't stay for WC finals. 

So we are at the stadium in Marion, and we befriended these three ladies that were sitting behind us. They were SCV alums who marched in the late 70s early 80s. Nicest people you could ever meet.

So retreat was winding down and they asked us if we were going to be Indy, we told them unfortunately not. They said no worries we got you guys covered. They asked us our son's name and they said they would cheer for him. 

Fast forward to when my son came home. We are driving home from the airport and I ask him.......

"Hey by any chance at Lucas Oil did anyone cheer for you.................he goes...........Uh yea I was coming onto the field and I heard a bunch of ladies scream GO DRE!!!...........It caught me off guard as I was thinking........I swear Mom and Dad left Indy yesterday, and how do those old ladies know my name."

LMAO.

this warms my heart 😅

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

LMAO.

Can’t tell you how many times we’ve sat next to parents of some kid on the field with a totally unrelated corps and then asking them what their kids name is and then cheering for that kid along with them like they were one of ours. It’s a lot of fun.

• Like 4