Top 12 Predictions 2023 (No off topic discussion, please!)

I’m sticking to my original season predictions for top 4. I think it’ll be BD, Crown, BAC, then BC. But honestly, I think the placements could go in any order at this point. I’m happy with everything each of them bring to the table. 

After that, I’m switching it up with Cadets, PR, M, and Cavs. I love PRs show, but there’s something about Cadets sound that reminds me of the tone of the top 4, so I think they’ll be 5th. 

14 hours ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

Blue Devils

Boston Crusaders

Bluecoats

Carolina Crown

Cadets

Mandarins 

Spirit Of Atlanta

Cavaliers 

Colts 

Troopers

Phantom Regiment

Madison Scouts

13. Blue Stars

14. Pacific Crest

15. Crossmen

Brass- Blue Devils 

Percussion- Cavaliers 

Gaurd- Crusaders

I’m a spirit alum and that ain’t happenin

I think it was understandable after the Blue Devils fantastic performance in Atlanta for people to feel they would pull away. It certainly looked like it. But as we usually see in the last few weeks of the season the challengers begin to get clean and tweak little things. I believe Carolina Crown, Boston Crusaders, and Bluecoats have narrowed that gap in a big way. None of this takes away from the amazin accomplishments of Blue Devils who have been fantastic this season. But we definitely have a 4-horse race. 

The Cavaliers percussion section has thrown a little wrench into the percussion scoring and the spread between them and the top 4 corps could be significant. Last night there were some audible wows form the crowd for the Cavies percussion alone. At one point, in the middle of a snare passage, it felt like the crowd was ready to explode. 

I think BD is close enough in brass (only a half tenth off Crown last night), extremely good in guard (will likely be 1 or 2) and their GE and Visual numbers are fantastic, even if they do not win Visual Proficiency. With those strengths I still give them the edge. Their percussion is truly wonderful and I love their pit balance and writing. For whatever reason the judges must feel it still needs to clean. If they find themselves .6 below Cavaliers on Finals night (as they were last night) then that could leave an opening for Boston, Bloo, Crown providing they can be super close or better in most of the other areas. 

58 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

History does not always repeat itself, but it does rhyme

I predict some competitive carnage this week(end) in Indianapolis. 

My hot takes based purely on intuition and with little to no factual basis:

The Blue Devils will not three-peat. It will be razor thin, but on Saturday night, I think a corps topples the Blue Devils.

Cavaliers will win High Percussion. Carolina Crown will retake High Brass. Boston Crusaders will win Saturday on the strength of their Visual Proficiency and Guard finally breaking through, taking both captions, and Blue Devils will claim High GE.

Bluecoats, Boston Crusaders, Carolina Crown, and Blue Devils all break 97.0 points.

Cadets in 5th, Mandarins in 6th, Phantom in 7th, Cavaliers in 8th, Colts in 9th, Troopers in 10th, Blue Stars in 11th, and Blue Knights in 12th.

I agree with almost all of this, though I'd edge Mandarins into 5th. I think if the captions break the way you are suggesting, BAC will squeak by. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MarimbaManiac said:

I agree with almost all of this, though I'd edge Mandarins into 5th. I think if the captions break the way you are suggesting, BAC will squeak by. 

Given the razor thin margins among the top 4, I don’t think it’s a safe assumption that BAC will be the corps to pass up BD. Could just as easily be Bloo or Crown, especially if Crown maintains their recent success in the percussion caption. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Given the razor thin margins among the top 4, I don’t think it’s a safe assumption that BAC will be the corps to pass up BD. Could just as easily be Bloo or Crown, especially if Crown maintains their recent success in the percussion caption. 

Sure, this is just my best guess. Also I doubt Crown will do that, their percussion is problematic and will likely land 6th or below, though they were also 6th when they won in 2013, so who knows. 

• Confused 3

1. BD (Visual, Guard) (Have to accept the inevitable)

2. Boston (Brass)

3. Bluecoats (GE)

4. Crown

5. Mandarins

6. Cadets

7. Phantom

8. Troopers

9. Cavies (Percussion)

10. Colts

11. Blue Stars

12. Blu Knights

• Like 1