Top 12 Predictions 2023 (No off topic discussion, please!)

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Just in terms of historical accuracy, while a group of Crown guard members did follow Michael and Heather over to BAC, that was not the case with brass players and drummers coming over from Cadets...it may have been a handful,  but I was around alot in 2017 and do not remember any kind of a large influx.

Lest we forget, as of the audition season in December 2016, BAC was still a 12th place corps.

AND, NONE  of those 2017 members would have been still of marching age in 2022 when Boston tied for second.

Ultimately,  the reason for their success has been extremely high level of teaching,  agile, intelligent corps management,  and a BOD and alumni base committed to doing whatever it takes to support the members. 

None of this happens without the support of the alums and BOD, who funded the change and provided a space where Boston could create their own new brand and traditions.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

None of this happens without the support of the alums and BOD, who funded the change and provided a space where Boston could create their own new brand and traditions.

Yep. I remember friends of mine expecting big things from Boston in 2017 because of all the staff acquistions and I thought they were crazy. I thought they'd probably finish 8th to 10th, so far more impressive than I thought. 

2023 is without a doubt the best show they have ever put on the field in terms of both design or execution, so 1st or 4th it doesn't matter. You can only get to the top if you produce great designs that are well executed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Boston did it by hiring away known teaching brand names, which made it possible to them to immediately pull in their best MMS from their previous corps. The other road is a lot harder, takes a lot longer. Bluecoats seem to have done it the old fashioned way. Blue Stars and Knights don’t seem to have found the right equation yet.

The “other road”?  How many years had Boston been on that road?  A LOT longer than you apparently.  I hope you don’t think Boston’s history is an easy one.  Boston was able to find a team that was maybe tired of where they were, and what they weren’t able to do, and have found a home where they are appreciated tremendously and get to create to their hearts content. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

The “other road”?  How many years had Boston been on that road?  A LOT longer than you apparently.  I hope you don’t think Boston’s history is an easy one.  Boston was able to find a team that was maybe tired of where they were, and what they weren’t able to do, and have found a home where they are appreciated tremendously and get to create to their hearts content. 

Dude I’m not dissing Boston. I am well aware of the journey they have been on, believe me. I was one of the most outraged dci fans on dcp when the G7 happened. It was appalling. I’m a BAC fan.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Dude I’m not dissing Boston. I am well aware of the journey they have been on, believe me. I was one of the most outraged dci fans on dcp when the G7 happened. It was appalling. I’m a BAC fan.

I know.  I’m sorry I was a bit harsh and defensive.  I appreciate your support of the corps.  Are you in Indy ?

Save some of this fight for later, lads. Boston’s not on for 5 hours. Pace yourselves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Big Bird said:

Crown fans only know major scales up and down as fast as possible, triple tonguing exercises, and Bb major chords, not their fault just how they’ve been conditioned 😜

Thank you Poppybird.

——————————————

I hope everyone appreciates the direction I went there.  🫢

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Yes. Boston were my heros when they did the Animal Farm show. Such a courageous move and statement.

I also loved their 2012 show. Was that Titans? 

They have such a storied history and it's only getting better.

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Save some of this fight for later, lads. Boston’s not on for 5 hours. Pace yourselves. 

No worries.  I get to Indy tomorrow and I will tip one back to all DCP’rs here who have supported their faves all this off season and season itself.  I appreciate all comments (most anyway lol) positive and negative of my favorite.  That would be Boston in case you weren’t aware. Gate 10 iykyk.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Maleguena1988 said:

Here’s a dark horse bet: Bluecoats take the Ott. 

I'll get even spicier and say it's more likely Crown wins percussion than that happening.

• Like 1