My Early Placements and Captions having seen shows.. which i know will change:

Have not seen Blue Knights, Crossmen, The Academy, Spirit of Atlanta or Seattle Cascades:

Top 12 and Captions:

12th Crossmen

11th Troopers

10th Blue Knights

9th Blue Stars

8th Mandarins

7th Cavaliers

6th Phantom Regiment

5th Cadets

4th Crown

3rd Boston

2nd Blue Devils

1st Bluecoats

GE:  Bluecoats   Visual: Bluecoats  CGuard: Crown  Brass: Crown  Percusion: Blue Devils  Music: Bluecoats

I think Phantom could in up and 7th just easily as 5th... 5 thru 7 .. those three could flip around ...

• Like 4

One thing showing up early and is being overlooked is the Cavaliers music placements. Their percussion scores are pheniminal and the brass is improving rapidly. Their general effect will improve as they clean and they are very good at thAt. I think they could finish in top 4 or 5 or more. It would not be the first time. Look at 2010.?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dureau said:

One thing showing up early and is being overlooked is the Cavaliers music placements. Their percussion scores are pheniminal and the brass is improving rapidly. Their general effect will improve as they clean and they are very good at thAt. I think they could finish in top 4 or 5 or more. It would not be the first time. Look at 2010.?

You are probably right. Of all groups I've seen so far, they have the content, it just isn't clean. I think most of it is cleanable. They improved a ton last year even after having to find a new closer at the last minute and Covid running through the corps. The percussion is fantastic and I hope they can clean up the claw from '95 so it can stay in the show.

I think the top 4 is set IMO but 5-6 is wide open in my mind. I honestly think there is a top 3 is above everyone else that is different than the top 3 shown above. That could change but my initial impression hs been set. We'll find out tonight when 3 of the top 4 meet.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dureau said:

Agree 100% with this, I think Cavies end up better than we would expect right now. I don’t think they have the strongest design personally, but they have plenty of room to grow score-wise in what they do have in Music and Visual. GE is a different story imo, but that’s ofc based on my own tastes and subjective opinion.

The only issue though is that the corps around them (BS, Mandarins, even Troopers now) are seeing similar boosts in different areas. Phantom and Cadets are also showing no signs of slowing down in their score growth. I see a major plateau coming for everyone, so the question is really going to be who does it affect the most? However, if the aforementioned corps continue to competitively improve and Cadets/Phantom regress a bit more from their own tier due to plateaus, the entirety of 5-10 could be up for grabs (with different ranges for different corps ofc).

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dureau said:

And 2016 ( ovetook Cadets) 
And 2017 ( overtook Bluecoats) 
And 2019 ( overtook Boston) 

All in Indy at Finals week. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2023 at 2:22 PM, iggymen said:

Have not seen Blue Knights, Crossmen, The Academy, Spirit of Atlanta or Seattle Cascades:

Top 12 and Captions:

12th Crossmen

11th Troopers

10th Blue Knights

9th Blue Stars

8th Mandarins

7th Cavaliers

6th Phantom Regiment

5th Cadets

4th Crown

3rd Boston

2nd Blue Devils

1st Bluecoats

GE:  Bluecoats   Visual: Bluecoats  CGuard: Crown  Brass: Crown  Percusion: Blue Devils  Music: Bluecoats

I think Phantom could in up and 7th just easily as 5th... 5 thru 7 .. those three could flip around ...

I’m only going to push back on your guard caption prediction. Sorry, but it’s Bostons. They're ridiculous and they’re doing things they didn’t have to do, but are. I watched their rehearsal yesterday and just laughed at how insane their work is and how good they are at it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

I just want to know why we need 3 predictions threads?

Let’s start a 4th. I’ll take BD on one, Bloo for another, Crown for another, and BAC for another. That way I’ll be right 25% of the time 😊

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Haha 2