Summer Music Games in Cincinnati 2023-07-05

I think the issue for me is that this show can win because it has huge talent and checks all the boxes but I don’t enjoy it and it’s just too much of the same thing every year. Bloo fans complain that BD repeats the same blueprint but bloo has been doing it now too! I’ve always been a huge Bloo fan but next year needs to be something very different or I can’t get behind it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

All three of these corps have sections of their show with negative space (Crown & Boston with soloists, Bloo with spoken word), and it absolutely kills the pacing and immersion for me. I'm sure the design teams think it's impactful, but I'm just not feeling it.

This. I hate it in all shows. 

9 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

And spoken word can be placed over the pit playing. It doesn't have to be silent. That's what I'm talking about. Lets do an interpretive dance to spoken word...that's what I'm getting.

We get it. You don't like the Bluecoats. 😉

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

I’m very focus on guard and I think they are doing ok. Much less difficulty than BAC and Crown tho. 

Less than BD as well.  I think they are still in a solid 4th place this season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Den8uml said:

I think the issue for me is that this show can win because it has huge talent and checks all the boxes but I don’t enjoy it and it’s just too much of the same thing every year. Bloo fans complain that BD repeats the same blueprint but bloo has been doing it now too! I’ve always been a huge Bloo fan but next year needs to be something very different or I can’t get behind it. 

I personally don’t fault BD for being formulaic.  If Bluecoats get lumped in that too so be it.  

I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the two being accused of that have had their design teams in place the longest (God knows how long for BD and this is season 11 for Bluecoats).  I’ll take it 🤪

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2