CrownBeat 2023

Just now, Grandpa Joe said:

I didn't feel it mesh at all. I get the feeling that there will be some hefty rewrites to that movement as the season progresses. Could be wrong and it end up clicking. 

All of that poly rhythmic stuff across 40 yards is insanely difficult...they are getting closer each time they play it.  It is SUPPOSED to make you uncomfortable 🙂

• Like 6

I love Bloo's show for the same reasons I love Frank Zappa music. It's cerebral, it's avant garde, it's technical, it's complex and full of multi-meters and the unexpected. It hooks me and holds me. 

It's definitely a love-it or hate-it style. I'm square in the love-it camp.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

That production will sizzle come August. I don’t feel enough musical diversity in there though. I appreciate the multi-meter and complex rhythms and such, but I just want a moment to grab onto and hold too. Maybe they’ll add something. Great run, Bloo!

Right now it is missing a showstopping moment like the keytar section last year. Let’s see how they develop it.

2 minutes ago, Grandpa Joe said:

I didn't feel it mesh at all. I get the feeling that there will be some hefty rewrites to that movement as the season progresses. Could be wrong and it end up clicking. 

I think it’ll click. Definitely hard to pull off, no doubt. 

• Like 3