Fresno? FresYES! (MidCal Champions Showcase)

Such good performers. As others have said, the back half just doesn't hit me as much as the first half. Now that I have read the background for the show it does make more sense. Gonna be hard to beat that in Indy. Best of luck BD

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

I feel about this show 100% how I did with Ghostlight.  Solid opening, awesome following section, BEAUTIFUL ballad, and then the closer lost me and never got me by finals.  Jojo and Both Sides Now are absolutely incredible, like 99.75 stuff.  The rest doesn't do it for me, still feel like there are much better constructed shows this year.  Regardless, absolutely incredible levels of performance and probably leads the season til the end.  Even if I don't like the show the respect is always there.  But geez I want someone else to win.  I'll be honest.  

I find myself halfway between the BD haters and lovers.  When it's good I'm all in.  When I don't like something it really rubs me in the wrong way and is borderline pretentious.  I feel like I'm fair in my criticism and probably comes down to what I personally look for in a show and appreciate.  I digress.  2017 is the last time they REALLY had me, there are glimmers of that kind of buy in for me, but just not there as a whole and I suspect probably won't be.  

i've been a bd honk since the early 90s, but i don't mind saying i haven't really loved anything they've done since 2017 either.  

i was busy in 2017 and literally only saw BD at the beginning of the season and then during finals week in the theater and streaming.  at the beginning of the season i didn't think much of it, but it was a completely different experience by finals.  i couldn't believe it.  i feel like the 2nd half of their show this year will be kind of the same for me.  don't know why.  

• Like 1