Broken Arrow 18 July 2023 - the Show, not the Accident (nor the Movie)

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

My favorite book for a reason šŸ„° Secretly deeply silly, thatā€™s the funĀ 

#######. The chapter where heā€™s describing the raincoats and how theyā€™re madeā€¦Ā 

Ā 

I was šŸ’€

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CAtenhut said:

I like this Boston show better than last year, but I don't know if they'll medal unless they can stay ahead of Crown. But another show with some transition issues and am I the only one who is noticing Boston's mellos having major tuning issues every single show? Not sure how that hasn't been fixed.Ā 

Itā€™s been an issue, and the only reason I think weā€™ve all been pointing it out is because itā€™s a really strange and uncharacteristic dip in quality for the actual talent this brassline displays elsewhere in this production

alot Of those out of tune moments are tremendiously exposed top of the register lines where they stick out perhaps too much, but I certainly donā€™t know more than Gino on this one so who knows

perhaps they should reconsider that high mello line In the opening statement because i donā€™t really think it adds a whole lot to the already thin texture of that moment (atleast on FLO)

• Like 2

For some reason, the Dropkick Murphys segment of BAC was reminds me of that old Cadets western show, when they did the Aaron Copland song from the ā€œBeef, itā€™s whatā€™s for dinnerā€ commercials, and everyone in the crowd yelled BEEF. Just a fun, silly, campy segment in an otherwise fierce show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Well, they burned witches a few years backĀ 

LOL. youā€™re so rightā€¦

• Haha 2

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

For some reason, the Dropkick Murphys segment of BAC was reminds me of that old Cadets western show, when they did the Aaron Copland song from the ā€œBeef, itā€™s whatā€™s for dinnerā€ commercials, and everyone in the crowd yelled BEEF. Just a fun, silly, campy segment in an otherwise fierce show.

I wish theyā€™d take it OUT

• Haha 1

Just now, CAtenhut said:

First of all, this is going way over the over/under 72 pages that was set earlier in this thread.

Second, welcome to the field, your 2023 DCI World Cham... Oh, too soon?

Mandarins are performing tonight?Ā 

• Haha 1

This BD show has no flaws. Ā NoneĀ 

• Like 7