No West for the Wicked - Canyon Texas 7/17

Just now, Triple Forte said:

I would argue the ballad is the best one on the field this  year.  I saw and heard it in person and it sounds amazing already. 

💯. I said from day 1 when they debuted as the first show of the season the ballad was going places 

• Like 2

Just now, 27Socal said:

You would think so.  But remember the year with the baby powder?   Who was that?  Boston?

Yep. 

4 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Alright I've held my tongue long enough on this issue. The end of the show is just so.... cheesy. Like yes I get we need to lasso the sun, but the way it's designed and performed is soooo cheesy. 

You're not wrong. I also think that sun is going to wind up moving front/center with the corps doing a reverse sunburst around it. What they do with the rope, I have no idea.

Wow, Troopers! I continue to LOVE this show. So well designed. It's got a perfect mix of great drill and music. A mix of fast and slow, bold and beautiful, and plenty of big impacts. You've got one of the best props on the field and the kids are performing their tail-ends off. There is not much to complain about. Ending still needs more oomph. That company front is beginning to clean enough that the impact is really getting the crowd response. Wait until that really cleans. Finals night should be an explosion by the crowd. Keep pushing, Troop. 

• Like 3

Ok Bk has a guard member doing stuff during pre show set up. 

I’m still doing the “what am I seeing that I like so much” thing with BK so far this season. 

it’s one of the “BK is back, baby!” Things for me. 

1 minute ago, lawdn said:

Can't wait to hear it, and the whole show, live!

It’s one of those great moments in drum corps from time to time that creates a hush over the crowd and changes the whole mood . 😊

• Like 1