Houston show that's actually Tomball

I don't think I've seen anyone mention tonight the BD "sash."  I don't know what else to call it.

Prior to tonight they had one sash on the left side, very colorful.  Tonight they had two, left and right.  It made for a little more color for each uniform but when  combined for a large visual block it the colors are tremendous.

A little change translates into a big change.  BD staff adding details at the end of the season which puts them over the top, as usual.

• Like 4

all this teeth gnashing.....each judge judges their sheet and their sheet only, and the show of the day. and sometimes lightning strikes. 4 weeks to go. enjoy the ride

• Thanks 2

Just now, Jnecker said:

Full disclosure my son is a Baritone for the Colts.  I really liked the changes and a few more voiceovers helped I think to understand the overall show tonight for them. I just texted with my son who was happy as he'll about the jump in score but then said, we have better runs in us.  Gotta like the attitude.  The Colts best ever finish I think was 9th, they might have an outside chance to get that placement this year, dare I say 8th with the run of their lives.  I really love the music they put put it is a fun show.  Very Midwest if you ask me.  My son is 18 and a first year DCI kid, he loves it, the talent put out there and all these shows are so good.  Really fun to watch.  Go Colts, Go Red Team.

They’re awesome this year, great run tonight.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jnecker said:

Full disclosure my son is a Baritone for the Colts.  I really liked the changes and a few more voiceovers helped I think to understand the overall show tonight for them. I just texted with my son who was happy as he'll about the jump in score but then said, we have better runs in us.  Gotta like the attitude.  The Colts best ever finish I think was 9th, they might have an outside chance to get that placement this year, dare I say 8th with the run of their lives.  I really love the music they put put it is a fun show.  Very Midwest if you ask me.  My son is 18 and a first year DCI kid, he loves it, the talent put out there and all these shows are so good.  Really fun to watch.  Go Colts, Go Red Team.

Heck yea! Congrats to your son! Great run tonight and that Colts opener is becoming on of my favorites in 2023.

And it's great to have another Drum Corps parent on DCP. Welcome to the club!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jnecker said:

Full Disclosure: Do you live at any of those addresses they announce on their speakers? 😂

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Jnecker said:

That’s what it’s all about. Your son is making the memories of a lifetime. Go Colts!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jnecker said:

Waves to fellow mm parent. You going to Indy this year?  

• Like 2