Bluecoats, BD, and SA (TW: Sexual Assault)

2 minutes ago, resipsaloquitur said:

Fanning public opinion is a precursor to legal action. The posts did have legal undertones. Hence, Coats have a potential legal liability issue. BD appears to have dealt with their PR issue.

I hope she gets some legal counsel to draft up the rest of her public statements, she could be opening herself up to a countersuit

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jaylogan said:

What else can he do? If he is innocent, his reputation has been besmirched.   It is not emotionally healthy to go through weeks of potentially being looked down upon and treated as a monster in the eyes of his peers. He would have to go try to recover and figure out how to proceed from there. 

It’s also a huge distraction for staff and the rest of the corps if he stays. 

• Like 5

I am confused with the other 2 people in the room.  Did they not hear or see anything?  I think there are too many unanswered questions right now.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Indeed. I'm here to speak reason to them as well.

Never thought otherwise, HD. 👍🏽

Sadly as we have seen elsewhere the brigade doesn’t always listen to reason 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Sadly as we have seen elsewhere the brigade doesn’t always listen to reason 

This goes both ways. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Well careers have been ruined by false accusations because the accusations get tons of publicity and the truth coming out barely gets any attention if at all. 

Case in point............. Rueben Foster. 

Foster was a linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers. In 2018 he was kicked off the team for Domestic Violence against his GF. He was arrested and charged with three felonies. NFL career gone and ruined.

Few months later, his GF admitted she lied about the abuse taking place, and it was nothing more than an extortion plot. She was mad at Foster for wanting to break up with her, and she just wanted to ruin him and his career, because she knew if she screamed "DV" people would automatically take her side as the victim, and Foster would be thrown to the wolves without mercy. 

Foster never played another game for the 49ers. And is currently in the USFL trying to work his way back into the NFL. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

The adverse effects of abuse that have been disclosed to me have ended human life in two cases. That is worst case scenario and most other adverse effects don't match up to that.

I'm not saying that's not possible in the case of the falsely accused, merely sharing as much as I safely can to help others understand my stance.

Y'all are approaching my stance like I should have the perfect answers that will make everyone happy. That's not my job and I never claimed it was. It's also putting an awful lot of responsibility on a survivor.

Let me fix that for you,

"It's also putting an awful lot of responsibility on a accuser."

The burden is ALWAYS on the one that accuses.  It has to be that way.  You have already judged the people involved as a victim and guilty.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Cadet Guardy said:

The accuser has issued another statement on her Twitter that the Bluecoats were not notified until the 2023 April camp and that BD were notified shortly after in May yet continued to allow him to march. She has nothing but praise for how the Bluecoats handled things and supported her.

Ok, so it's been a few months and I suppose there was an investigation?  Did this investigation reach any conclusion?  Is it ongoing?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cadet Guardy said:

Valid questions. Valid points. All we do know is she wasn't happy with BD allowing him to march and that she took matters into her own hands via social media. 

This.  So we already know this was reported just a couple months ago.  I would love a timeline and what has been done or not done.