You gotta be McKinney Me - 7.25

We are going to find out alot about the Mandarins in the coming days.

This is the first time they will have to pick themselves up off the mat and respond. 

If you want to run with the big dawgs in the top six, you are gonna take punches, but you gotta be ready to punch back. 

Let's see how they respond. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chief Guns said:

This is the first time they will have to pick themselves up off the mat and respond. 

If you want to run with the big dawgs in the top six, you are gonna take punches, but you gotta be ready to punch back. 

I'm with you 100% and I expect they will fight right back.  The race between Phantom, Cadets and Mandarins is coming down to Saturday night in Indy and I love that.  Each one of those productions is so very different, and each SOOOO very good.  Get your popcorn ready, Chief!  I expect those 3 will be swapping places for the next 3 weeks.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Does Open Class have a different set of judges than World Class?  I like their scoring better. 

Some scores from the DCI New Hampshire show:  Spartans - 81.40;  Gold - 79.35;  Southwind - 75.10;  Jersey Surf - 73.80

Yes, they use the same judges throughout the season, but more localized. They don’t usually fly judges cross country to do open class corps like they do world shows. But that means the judges that do judge open have traveled elsewhere for world class shows. That being said, usually if you judge open class finals, you don’t judge world finals that week.

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

This is good and healthy for them. Last two days of judge panels have been fresh judges for the tour mostly (and fun fact made up of mostly powerhouse women which is cool). So they’re getting more information to improve their performance and being given a drive to push more. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

I'll be interested in the spread between Crossmen and Troopers.  It was 4.8 points in San Antonio.  If the Crossmen jump is the "new normal", it would be cut in half.

This is also a very different situation.  The Crossmen performed three hours before the Troopers in San Antonio.  Here, they are back-to-back.

The spread was 1.8 tonight.  So, the difference was cut by more than half.  The Troopers were ahead in almost every caption except Color Guard and one of the GE judges.  So, last night looks less like a fluke for the Crossmen.

I like the dynamism of the scoring this season.

Edited by barigirl78

1 minute ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

This is good and healthy for them. Last two days of judge panels have been fresh judges for the tour mostly (and fun fact made up of mostly powerhouse women which is cool). So they’re getting more information to improve their performance and being given a drive to push more. 

Agreed. If I am part of the Mandarins staff, this is what I want to see. Not so much about the loss to the Cadets tonight, but how the kids respond to adversity for the first time. 

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth. 

Season officially started for the Mandarins tonight. 

• Like 5

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Agreed. If I am part of the Mandarins staff, this is what I want to see. Not so much about the loss to the Cadets tonight, but how the kids respond to adversity for the first time. 

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth. 

Season officially started for the Mandarins tonight. 

Will be curious to hear how your son felt about tonight's performance. If they had a great show and this was the result, that will probably be a little harder for them to swallow tonight.

13 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

The spread was 1.8 tonight.  So, the difference was cut by more than half.  The Troopers were ahead in almost every caption except Color Guard and one of the GE judges.  So, last night looks less like a fluke for the Crossmen.

FWIW (I know, not much), same judges as last night with I think 2 exceptions.

Edited by brassboy
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Will be curious to hear how your son felt about tonight's performance. If they had a great show and this was the result, that will probably be a little harder for them to swallow tonight.

I talked to him earlier today, he said they were very well aware brass and percussion needed to pick up the pace. Sure enough, looking at tonight's recaps, that's what did them in. Hopefully tonight is a wakeup call. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1