Is it time to stop using human Adjudicator's and go to A.I.

9 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

And an AI judge disagrees with another AI judge.  And the AI disagreement escalates.    And, eventually the AI that controls the nuclear missiles gets involved….

I guess you saw the new Mission Impossible film.   

13 hours ago, Onionhead2 said:

With all the debating over score movement,maybe its time to remove the human element. 

nope

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Didn't the Cadets dress a member as a judge in the 2005 show?

VK did in the 80's i believe...or was it 92?

• Like 1

No.

10 hours ago, MikeD said:

I guess you saw the new Mission Impossible film.   

Mission Impossible.......... that describes an Adjudicators job fairly well.

Last time we discussed this earlier in the season...

I was recalling some sports documentary I caught while having dinner in a pizza joint about the history of how college football got to a playoff system.  There was a period where going heavier into the computer polls was tried in an effort to remove the 'human bias' element to determining what team was best. It basically a set of various algorthims and while not as predictive perhaps as an AI programming now would be, was basically the aim to leave it to an objectively measurable system.  It was widely unpopular and led to the AP (one of the two polls that was still human voted and included as an influence on the final poll) to say, "Nope, don't include our poll, we'll go back to declaring our own champion." 

The documentary's take on the whole thing was that the reason going to a computer poll determination system failed was precisely because it removed the human element. It seemed too sterile and eliminated the banter and consideration around "who is the best football team when they've not had head to head or even comparison opponents?"  People actually would tolerate and even perhaps desire some degree of human bias because it allowed for connection with the debate around the question.  Debating around whether the computer polls were programmed right, just...didn't connect.  

I suspect any attempt to go to a computer based system, even with like a 'comparison of frames to dot charts' or micro measurement of intervals in drill, cohesivesness, pitch measurement, etc. would fall very flat.

Where I could see AI showing up is on the design side. Tools that let designers imagine things more fully and can pick up on tendencies and stylistic things then suggest other alternatives.  PowerPoints now has 'design suggestions' that rearrange your slides into some more attractive templates.  Imagine a system like that but coupled with AI that can do analysis of past and current design input and suggest things.