Hattiesburg-er and Fries - 7.26

Finally, about drums.  T Hall got it right.  BAC up by .4,  Closely watch what the 2 snare lines are actually playing.   I would have had BAC up by .3 in content.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, denverjohn said:

Is there another show tonight? I don't see a thread.

It fell off the front page.  I just bumped it.

Brass of the South is there but no flo and no one else from here i think?

6 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I don't understand:

Regiment beating Blue Stars in guard content

Blue Stars beating Regiment in brass (especially by that much)

I feel like Blue Stars and Phantom have gone back and forth all year in regards to Brass and Guard. Blue Stars have been getting fantastic brass scores the past week or so. I think overall, they both are pretty equal in those captions. The difference is GE. Phantom is always 1.5 points ahead in that caption alone. 

Edited by DCIFan91
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

No, BD did not have a clean run at all tonight. Uncharacteristic brass issues, muddy body movement and drill...  but GE has such an outsized weight it didn't matter

ballad hasn't sounded good to me yet this year, and it's almost entirely the arrangement to me.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What do the guard people think about BD up by .3?   BAC is doing some pretty amazing book out there.

• Like 2

I think BD was cleaner than people think. Visually speaking they are in a good position. They were 1st in all visual subs and are winning music analysis as well. GE is incredible. Brass and percussion have to clean some but that's nothing new for this point in the season. The show is a joy to watch. The contributions of their pit are incredible and bring so much life to the music. The other top 3 corps will need a lot to beat this show. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lance said:

flo's sound design tonight was spot on to me.  hope it's as good on sat!

I heard a LOT of loud crowd cheering coming from the L/R main speakers.  Usually the crowd is more in the background through the side surrounds.

I do NOT want to hear high school girls screaming while they cheer.  That shrill sound make my ears bleed. 

+++

I also heard something bad from Boston, almost certainly not Flo's fault.  When the solo tuba starts the Wellerman  solo you can physically hear the gain being turned up in the subs.  Then they keep the gain too hot when the other tubas come in.  The board operator forgot to turn the gain back down and it sounded bad for the next 2-3 minutes.

It's not that I have golden ears.  I have a 3000 watt sub amp that has lights to show me when  it's driven to clipping.  The lights were lightly blinking on loud sections and when the Wellerman section kicked in the clipping went from yellow to red and stayed on continuously.  Eventually it was turned back down.

The Boston board operator seriously needs to pay attention to that.  It creates a huge distortion and imbalance in the sound, one that I would guess anyone would hear.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, craiga said:

Great job, Boston Crusaders!  Stay tenacious like a LION!

Fantastic show! I think I give them or Bloo the best shot of catching BD. Scores aside Boston's show is a winner in my book and becoming one of my favorites. Especially the music book. Brass and percussion are Amazing!!! Oh and that guard is a true joy to watch. 

• Like 6