MURFREESBORO MASHUP JULY 28

7 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Wash rinse repeat. Year after year.

Here let me fix this for you: Wash rinse repeat Founders’ Trophy. Year after year. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Can someone with percussion expertise explain Crown’s dilemma to me. They dont strike me as a weak battery at all.  

Last night they were dirty.  Missing a couple players may have caused some listening issues.  Phantom and Cadets are close enough that when they have a good run, which they did, and Crown has a bad run (which they did), they’ll get beat.  If Crown has a good run, they’ll likely beat both.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Can someone with percussion expertise explain Crown’s dilemma to me. They dont strike me as a weak battery at all.  

Also, like last year, Crown’s percussion may have the toughest drill of any corps but they aren’t going to get much credit for that, at least not in the percussion scores.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I wasn't at my computer reading comments earlier in the show so I might have missed this.  I'm curious what your opinion is on the Cadets new ending. 

I'm a huge fan of Cadets this season and my mom said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all, so I won't out of respect.  I  will say I was a huge fan of the drill in the original ending.

You're a Cadets alumnus so please feel free to ignore this question if it puts you in an awkward position. 

You aren’t asking me, but I’ll give my opinion anyway.  Based solely on the multicam broadcast, which wasn’t very good during the Cadets new ending.  I thought it was DIRTY, which made it difficult to read.  However, I think there’s more going on than there was with the old drill, and therefore the potential is higher now.

I agree, I really liked the old drill, and I really figured they were just going to add to to that.  Instead, they went and made big changes!  It was surprising!  

I do really like the guard member claiming the “steps” at the very end.  I think that is super effective! 

Looking forward to seeing more.  I’m starting to anticipate Allentown as a really emotional and awesome performance from them next weekend, as usual.  I’m glad they put the changes on the field last night, and didn’t wait any longer!

• Thanks 1

Last night was my first show live and really the first time I’ve watched much this year.

Enjoyment wise, Phantom I think was my favorite show.  For sure the best they’ve been in awhile.  Last year was a sign of moving in the right direction, but wow, this year’s show is a treat.

Cadets was my second favorite.  Some really nice brass sound.

This is my favorite Blue Devil’s show I’ve seen live and they were performing at a very high level.  I expect they’ll win again and I’m fine with that this year since their show is enjoyable.

Boston was definitely the next best to BD. Love the battery, the rest of the show is fine but not as enjoyable as some others.

Crown.  I appreciate that the show doesn’t have the cringe moments that last year’s show had, but unfortunately this year’s show is missing the moments that get fans out of their seats that last year’s show had.  Brass sounds great. Percussion is inconsistent.  Dirty last night.  Will beat Cadets and Phantom in percussion when they have a good run but vulnerable to them when they don’t.

Bloo- I need to see the full show.  It took me a while to start enjoying the standstill but from the ballad to the end was good. The first part was probably good too but being in standstill it took me awhile to get into it.  I like the percussion writing.

Blue Stars- I enjoyed the show but I like it more now after I understand what it’s about.  The costume change makes a lot of sense now.

Music City- enjoyable show with some good brass moments.  I liked the percussion writing.

Edited by DrummerParent
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I haven't seen it yet. I don't have a flo membership so I was just reading the thread. I guess at some point it'll be posted somewhere. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

It’s good. They destroyed the running rifle line moment, which was very Cadets to me, but it’s good.