MURFREESBORO MASHUP JULY 28

5 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

I would say the exodus was more about BC being exhibition and getting ahead of traffic. Because BC was only exhibition, I would not be surprised if some didn't expect BC to play their entire show, as other groups like Cavies and Blue Knights play completely different music for standstills and encores. Some fans probably just wanted to see the competitive portion and then get ahead of traffic.

I tuned out of Flo at this point. No knock on Bloo, but I’m not a particular fan of standstills to begin with. Seeing a standstill as the last performing corps is kind of anticlimactic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

I would say the exodus was more about BC being exhibition and getting ahead of traffic. Because BC was only exhibition, I would not be surprised if some didn't expect BC to play their entire show, as other groups like Cavies and Blue Knights play completely different music for standstills and encores. Some fans probably just wanted to see the competitive portion and then get ahead of traffic.

There may be a large kernel of truth here.  I can only speak for myself.  These still wouldn't be reasons why I'd walk out on a top 4 corps years ago, particularly if it was the only chance to hear another glorious horn and drumline live.  They could have played power chords for all I cared.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ediker said:

I’m with you 100%. Unless they make it clear that the whale burp destroys the ship, and then the tail runs over it. 

The Burp™ could be this year's "the Wink" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I tuned out of Flo at this point. No knock on Bloo, but I’m not a particular fan of standstills to begin with. Seeing a standstill as the last performing corps is kind of anticlimactic. 

Agree. More into the thrill of competition, handling nerves, and delivering a demanding show under pressure. I can listen to music a million other places. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ediker said:

I’m with you 100%. Unless they make it clear that the whale burp destroys the ship, and then the tail runs over it. 

Yeah I mean you can see them moving the props pretty fast before the tail goes over so i don't think it's impossible.

45 minutes ago, PR90 said:

There may be a large kernel of truth here.  I can only speak for myself.  These still wouldn't be reasons why I'd walk out on a top 4 corps years ago, particularly if it was the only chance to hear another glorious horn and drumline live.  They could have played power chords for all I cared.

I 100% would have stayed because I love BC and also to show my appreciation for actually still doing a standstill and not going the convenient route of just pulling out of the show completely.

But I have also been to a basketball game where our team was getting their butts kicked so I left early cuz I knew it was pretty much over and I hate traffic. Haha!

Just now, CAtenhut said:

I 100% would have stayed because I love BC and also to show my appreciation for actually still doing a standstill and not going the convenient route of just pulling out of the show completely.

But I have also been to a basketball game where our team was getting their butts kicked so I left early cuz I knew it was pretty much over and I hate traffic. Haha!

I only go to sporting events that oare free for our major sports because they lose so much. And I did turn off the show when the standstill came up because it's not my cup of tea musically and lacks something to keep me occupied standing still. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

And yet you come back for more

Preach. Some people seem to be gluttons for punishment 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I only go to sporting events that oare free for our major sports because they lose so much. And I did turn off the show when the standstill came up because it's not my cup of tea musically and lacks something to keep me occupied standing still. 

I bet you could sit thru it if you take your meds. 😉

• Haha 1