NightBEAT 34 - July 30th, 2023

1 minute ago, crumdorpslove said:

Does everything on flo seem really fast and compact compared to live performances or is it just me? 

It is just you....we all have screens the size of a football field!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, crumdorpslove said:

Does everything on flo seem really fast and compact compared to live performances or is it just me? 

And Flo has a tendency to make the corps sound small. They eliminate the acoustical soundstage of a stadium because their mics are all very close to the source of sound. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

It seemed to me Crown was better last night but I can’t wait to watch their show  three nights in a row at Indy

Jealous 

• Like 4

Only tho g I have to say is compared to last night is seems the team is more compact and fast compared to the live performances. Crown especially has more breath in their show compared to what is presented on flo, everything feels so much rushed on flo. I obviously don’t know what it is but I can say live there is much more breath and rubato in every show compared to what is presented on flo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewArpege said:

Heard some popcorn from snares too. Was definitely paying more attention to battery tonight. 

I would imagine it’s mostly mental at this point. Those kids are acutely aware that they are the section scoring consistently lower than the rest of the corps. It’s a tough hill to climb especially at that age.

• Like 5