Not that Salem witch trial - 8.1.23

6 hours ago, denverjohn said:

Another show with only 5 corps?

Why bother going?

The DCI model cannot function with only a handful of corps

to spread around.

So to spin this.  The MMs who practice 12 hours a day in the Sun love every show where they perform in front of fans. So if only 5 corps are at a 3K seat stadium that is sold out and those 3K fans appreciate them then that is why it should be held.  People will go to see 5 corps put their hearts on the field!  It would be easy for corps to say they will only perform when everyone else is there, and they do like the big shows, but they also love love love the smaller shows where the fans appreciate them!

Edited by spacewill
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, denverjohn said:

So if World Class shrinks down to 15 corps and we have 3 corps shows

and ticket prices that are ridiculous for young families are

we still good to go as long as those 15 corps have million dollar budgets?

What is critical mass? 

You've made a leap with the qualifiers.

If there are 3 corps shows, then they'd probably play more material. There have been 3 corps shows in the past.

I went to one in 2010 where it was Cadets - Cavaliers - Crown in Norfolk. The show was sold out.

I'm not for fewer corps, but I don't agree with you that it's pointless to have a show with only 3 corps.

• Like 1

I do recall a decent, hand held video that an attendee shot [Crown] at this event last year, and later uploaded to YouTube. 

While the venue might be comparatively small, especially on the heels of Atl. and NB, the folks in the stands really showed their appreciation. 

If it’s on the schedule next summer, my try it after Winston Salem. Just a shade over 100 miles.