Crum-ble on the hill in Allentown - August 4, 2023

3 minutes ago, Cainan said:

This version of Academy is a very good drum corps... and this show is performed very well.  I just do not find this show to be particularly engaging. When they did show like Drum Corpse Bride and that bunny show, I felt they were starting to finally carve out an identity as a bit camp and dare I say it a bit Velvet Knights-esque. Since then they seem to have just gone a bit...vanilla.

Nothing distinctive about this show. And that’s unfortunate because Academy had begun to carve out a unique space for themselves. 

1 minute ago, Cainan said:

This version of Academy is a very good drum corps... and this show is performed very well.  I just do not find this show to be particularly engaging. When they did show like Drum Corpse Bride and that bunny show, I felt they were starting to finally carve out an identity as a bit camp and dare I say it a bit Velvet Knights-esque. Since then they seem to have just gone a bit...vanilla.

Do you know their design team history? I do not know how much personnel change there has been but there has been some. I thought they went a very different direction in 2018 and 2019, not very successfully given the talent they had, and then took a turn back toward whimsy last year, but the time for that seemingly had passed. This is a very solid show with its own charm and elegance, and if not the most riveting, it works well and could be a productive new direction.

Just now, Hook'emCavies said:

We are in a burn ban. Meaning it's really dry sadly

Here is Austin I saw a rain cloud last week and was openly trying to convince over to where I was at

• Haha 1

Come on Crest.... I'm pulling for you!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hook'emCavies said:

We are in a burn ban. Meaning it's really dry sadly

Its crazy because here in NW PA we are on track for our coolest summer since '07

Alright PC. you've got plenty of time.  Line up the two halves of the tarp so my eyes are going OCD on me please. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Alright PC. you've got plenty of time.  Line up the two halves of the tarp so my eyes are going OCD on me please. 😉 

bwahahaha....they listened to you!

I wasn't into Academy show until tonight. For some reason i am just getting to enjoy just few little corps.

• Like 1