Crum-ble on the hill in Allentown - August 4, 2023

4 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Whether it is practice from a rehearsal or practice from a show, or even a day of rest, corps benefit from a day’s worth of time.  

In which case, it doesn't matter which day you compete in Allentown. Some posters claim one group has an advantage over the other.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, NakedEye said:

Ok I need a senility check:

PC now uses double blue swing flags in the ballad. Weren’t they running around with pieces of white fabric before??

Cavaliers props are now white. I think they were silver prior to this??

What’s the deal with Troopers sun? Seems to be randomly turned off and on now and different each show lately? I personally preferred it when it came on at the first hit and then only stopped when it got caught. It was hypnotic and didn’t pull too much focus.

Now I keep looking at when it’s off because it tends to stop in the halfway position.

The on/off sun has been going on for some time now. There has been discussion on DCP of people’s preferences for one version or another.

Honestly, I would help with your other questions if I could. At least you’re not alone in needing senility checks.

Edited by lawdn
  • Haha 1

As for somebody saying a high scoring corps tonight could be considered "beating" BD, I made no such claim.   I am simply noting that this is a horse race, and YES several posters here have been claiming all freaking summer that BD will win by 2 points or better and not "lose any captions".

I simply think that it isn't that simple.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, craiga said:

As for somebody saying a high scoring corps tonight could be considered "beating" BD, I made no such claim.   I am simply noting that this is a horse race, and YES several posters here have been claiming all freaking summer that BD will win by 2 points or better and not "lose any captions".

I simply think that it isn't that simple.  

I said last week that the gap BD had in Atlanta was not impossible to overcome and I was laughed at. The gap has closed immensely when all I heard was that it would grow wider. Now they’re moving goalposts.

I love Blue Devils show. I think it’s one of their best. I don’t think they will win by a large gap and I do think they are beatable. 

14 hours ago, Narrow said:

That scores tells me the ring can go to anyone in the top 4. This ain't a race for 2 anymore.

WRONG!

Somehow, magically, that spread will increase to over a point. Calling it now 8/5/23 10:35AM PST!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, craiga said:

As for somebody saying a high scoring corps tonight could be considered "beating" BD,

That would be me!  -wvu80

I made no such claim. 

The rules for this contest are that the scores from both nights would be combined to produce the  winner of Drums Corps East!

You win by the rules, you lose by the rules.  😎

Edited by wvu80

47 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

WRONG!

Somehow, magically, that spread will increase to over a point. Calling it now 8/5/23 10:35AM PST!

Unfortunately, I second this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rocketman said:

WRONG!

Yeah, it’s a 3 horse race for second, absolutely.

The spread will increase because room will need to be made between BD and Bluecoats, in some captions, for Crown and Boston.

50 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

The rules for this contest are that the scores from both nights would be combined to produce the  winner of Drums Corps East!

You win by the rules, you lose by the rules.  😎

Yes, those are the rules. However, it would be wrong to assume, if Crown and/or Boston, top BD’s score from last night that they are ahead of BD. Winning DCI East or not, you are not ahead of BD unless you beat them on the same night, in the same stadium, with the same panel of judges.