DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

You’re very fortunate. Last year was the only year I had to wait to get in to finals, but the wait was 90 minutes. Don’t forget, they started the show later due to the lines. The concession lines are problematic. I do have a heart issue/blood sugar issue and as luck would have it, I had issues while waiting in line at semi’s. Someone grabbed an orange juice that was on display and I was able to sit down. Someone held my place in line, but again it was an hour wait. I’m thinking it will not be an issue this year, but it was for me and many others last year.

Glad you are ok & had help.  However this came to mind 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

I’m SO bummed that Flo isn’t streaming Thursday night. To me that is going to be the most exciting night, unless those 4 are all within tenths of each other, than Saturday will be. I’m oozing with anticipation over what is going to happen.

Has something changed?   Was my (and many others) understanding that Flo was streaming all of Thursday, but not the BLL Rondo (et al) commentary.  

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Has something changed?   Was my (and many others) understanding that Flo was streaming all of Thursday, but not the BLL Rondo (et al) commentary.  

I’m sorry if I started something. Are they streaming all three nights? I guess I just thought since it was in the theater Thursday it wouldn’t be on Flo?

45 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

I’m sorry if I started something. Are they streaming all three nights? I guess I just thought since it was in the theater Thursday it wouldn’t be on Flo?

They used to stop the stream when the theater broadcast started, but I think it changed last year.  They streamed all of Thursday.  I didn't watch as I was at Prelims live, but pretty sure they streamed the entire event. 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

Based on last year it seems they are broadcasting all 3 nights.   Iirc in season past (BC (Before Covid)); DCI & Flo made it a point that the Flocast would stop when BLL started.  Was usually after break so time to get to BLL theater. 

If anyone knows for certain either way can you please confirm?  Thanks.  

• Like 2

On 8/6/2023 at 5:05 PM, Cappybara said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it will still continue, but streaming users will not get the in-between commentary that theater watchers will. At one point in time I believe the stream would stop working once the theater stream began but I do not think that is the case anymore. My experience last year at the theater was my last straw. Low volume, late start, and some inconsiderate drum corps fans around me. 

The older I've gotten, the more I've realized that the only person I can depend on to meet my expectations is myself. So I guess I truly am a part of the dino club now, at the old ripe age of 27 lol

Wait a minute! Prelims on Flo? Whoa. I didn’t know that. I was going to go to the theater. Not anymore!

• Haha 1

I recall specifically either giving away or eating my theatre tickets last year in lieu of watching prelims on Flo, probably for many of the same reasons Cappy laid out, plus I wasn't about to watch the former show design woman who closely resembles the wife of a disgraced televangelist who shall remain nameless since I got in trouble for using that reference before, spew her stuff. 

Edited by OldSnareDrummer
clarity
  • Haha 1

I love the theatre which I get to watch Big Loud and Live. Quite a few old drum corps people including a founding member of the Bluecoats and one of the original hosts of the Marching Roundtable podcast. Most of the high school kids that come are really respectful as they come form a corps style program with their drum instructor a former caption head for a WC corps. Plus they have the reclining seats so thats cool. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Wait a minute! Prelims on Flo? Whoa. I didn’t know that. I was going to go to the theater. Not anymore!

I think this is the reason they used to stop the stream at the top 15! 👀😂

But the premiere I attended last year wasn't loud enough in the theater.

Edited by keystone3ply
cx