DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

Wow PR. First, you would have had a standing O on company front if you #### synth bass wasn't pinning people to their seats. Turn it down!

so much nuance live in MMs choreography and characterization. They have really crafted every moment of this show and it is keeping them in hunt for 5th. 

Yes I love everything else about this show still. Ballad and closer are especially magic. 

Phantom Regiment,

Your show has everything.  With all the captivating musical moods and textures, superb pacing and flow...this is the show of the year for me.  It even feels like watching drum corps on an alien planet.  BRAVO!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Super Don-O said:

Sounded like that to me too, but I've been told that's mostly an artifact of Flo mic placement

Yes, heard that on number 1 side.

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

If it was as unbalanced as you say, don’t you think that this would be the first thing the judges mention during critique after each competition? What makes you think they wouldn’t correct it if it was truly a problem expressed by the judges? 

Perhaps. I sat in a suite on the back row of the stadium in Atlanta right next to the judges’ suite. That far away it sounds “almost” normal. 

when I heard this show in Lisle, the amplification in a smaller venue was atrocious, so who knows. 

I intentionally set up my system st home tonight and haven’t touched it. Started watching at Spirit. Phantom sounds over amplified on my system. Your mileage or live viewing may vary. 

Edited by PopcornEater1963
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

That Garfield G in the drill really hits me in the feels.

Near the end: on left side of field....right?  Thought I saw it,but theater cam didn't stick with it long.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Phantom seems AMPLIFIED. In Atlanta it was overbearing. 

If they’re amped it’s really well hidden cause I can’t see a single mic anywhere except the three for the bones and the contras