DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

My God this is so tough. I feel like I already have several of these wrong, but going with my gut.

1.     Cadets

2.     Mandarins

3.     Phantom Regiment

4.     Cavaliers

5.     Colts

6.     Blue Stars

7.     Troopers

8.     Crossmen

9.     Blue Knights

10.   Pacific Crest

11.   Spirit of Atlanta

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Phantom's is the only show that remotely calls for it. But it's a trend I simply can't enjoy overall. Too beauty pageant Dolly Dinkle in the vibes in general.

To each their own!🫡🫡

I know there’s various corps that employ the *shimmering* visual eye catcher to their uniforms, notably Boston this year with their front of their uniforms simulating the ocean blue, which I thought was cool to see in Denton earlier this year, BD has done it various years, I personally don’t find myself ever disliking it!

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 1

Fantastic energy, incredible hornline sound, and just overall amazing show concept! 

Im still having a hard time getting behind this show musically for some reason, but it is an incredible vehicle 

• Like 4

What a fantastic show for the Mandarins!   Congrats Chief!  You must be a very proud papa!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i feel like mandarins didn't have a great run overall. some intonation issues that i only heard early on in the season. but a lot of the exposed brass stuff in the opener is a lot cleaner than it was when I last saw them in atlanta.  

i still love how each movement flows into the next so seamlessly.  

• Like 1

Picking between Cadets, Phantom and Mandarins is like trying to pick dogs at the race track.  

• Haha 1