DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

Mandarins is officially my favorite show of the season....this show is such FIRE!!!   ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT !!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Seemed like that may have been a bit of a rough run for the Mandies, but I love this show so much. Take Me To Church is probably the moment of the season for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My placements are:

cadets

phantom

mandarins

for the oldest reason in the world. Cadets have a little better brass and percussion. other than that it’s a pick ‘em. 

Ok - great run. But either the end is gonna be clean or it’s gonna be chaotic - pick one!! 

Can we petition for a 4-way tie for 5th?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Oh my sweet summer child.

Do you have anything else to say in rebuttal other than sarcastic one liners? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Well, I'm biased lol!!! But I'm happy that both corps had great runs.

Well the Cavies have come so far this season. It's really amazing. Seems the success of the percussion section has given the entire corps a boost.

• Like 1

Mandarins, you still got it! After opening sequence, not at your most solid but really settled into a groove. A feast for eyes and ears. Musical and visual soloists were terrific. Wanted to follow guard more - they are fantastic - but so much to draw the eye. Keep getting better! Crowd loves you!

• Like 3

Mandarins has the look and feel of a medalist corps. There are no weaknesses, none. They are b@lls to the wall from start to finish. Reminds me very much of when Bluecoats went from a nice story to a threat.

I could watch that show ten times and never regret it. WOW.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

To each their own!🫡🫡

I know there’s various corps that employ the *shimmering* visual eye catcher to their uniforms, notably Boston this year with their front of their uniforms simulating the ocean blue, which I thought was cool to see in Denton, BD has done it various years, I personally don’t find myself ever disliking it!

Indeed. Wore sequins as a child way too often. Kinda like leotards and unitards. When you've worn them for years, kinda get tired of them. I guess I just like a clean matte look on corps. It's one of my dino things. 😉

• Like 1