DCI Prelims - Big, Loud, and Live - August 10th, 2023

I love the interviews with show designers, it's fascinating to get a look inside their heads

Will never see The Cut Outs the same way again😳 And I'm totally fine with that. Would love BD to go all-out "dark show" one year

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Curious question as to why you think BDs props are an after thought?

Because they really don't do a lot til the end.  IMHO a lot of props that add hardly anything.  Great show, make them seem to have a 0-0 field presence for that just all smoke and props.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I love the interviews with show designers, it's fascinating to get a look inside their heads

Will never see The Cut Outs the same way again😳 And I'm totally fine with that. Would love BD to go all-out "dark show" one year

This! I want BD to do a full Sweeney Todd show soooo bad

• Like 4

Just now, Mello Dude said:

Because they really don't do a lot til the end.  IMHO a lot of props that add hardly anything.  Great show, make them seem to have a 0-0 field presence for that just all smoke and props.

But it’s all about them being “cut outs” and the colors that Matisse was known for. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Chumley gave BD 2nd in GE content and 3rd in GE achievement. 

But I thought he was super incredibly biased towards BD and always gives them first unfairly? 🙄

I thought about saying it but you’re better at taking the heat 😂 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Their horn line isn’t any louder than anyone else’s … but their PA gear is for sure. 

Well after hearing them live I can simply say you are wrong and leave it at that.  Crown is as loud but a different type of more higher end vs thumping you in the chest.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

For crown: have you not watched Shrek 3??? He should’ve gone for the head🙃🙃

Same for Thor cutting off Thanos' arm in one of the Avengers movies (Endgame?).  Thanos later told Thor "you should have gone for the head." 

4 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Would love BD to go all-out "dark show" one year

Check out '95 and '96

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Their horn line isn’t any louder than anyone else’s … but their PA gear is for sure. 

I understand you might not like Phantom’s sound this year or maybe you just don’t like Phantom, but your last several comments have been on this subject and it’s became quite old. Your point has been made many times throughout the season and many times tonight and it simply does not need reiteration every time someone compliments Phantom or their hornline. 

Edited by college-phan
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

But it’s all about them being “cut outs” and the colors that Matisse was known for. 

Ya, and?  It was a LOT of props..a LOT.