Blu-ray/DVD production for 2023?

Does anyone know if there are plans to bring back the professionally produce videos on Blu-ray and/or DVD for this year.  I was very disappointed to not have them last year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maddogicatron said:

Does anyone know if there are plans to bring back the professionally produce videos on Blu-ray and/or DVD for this year.  I was very disappointed to not have them last year.

I really hope so. It is a little disheartening that of my 4 seasons that we toured I only get one Blu-ray recording

Unfortunately,  and I say this as someone who owns dozens of drum corps cds, Blue Ray's, dvds,  and yup, vhs tapes, dci is no longer in that business....another victim of modern technology. 

Fun fact:  I recently retired from a Ford Dealership....did you know that Ford hasn't even offered a cd player in any of its new vehicles since 2018?

*sigh*

Sat in Allentown all weekend thinking how awful it is that we will not have HD downloads or Blu-ray’s available for all of these awesome shows.  Last year was tough, but this year is even harder to swallow.  Licensing costs are just a killer…I think that while following the law is right for the composers, etc., it is backfiring and not helping the overall music world. Something needs to change, especially in the marching band, drum corps world.  I know a lot of people are just satisfied with YouTube videos, screen recordings from FLO, and phone recordings from the stands to remember the season (all technically illegal of course).  I am not one of those people…guess I am a Dino now.  And, I would bet Tom Blair is broken up about this too.  The Blu-ray’s from previous seasons are absolutely brilliant, and the closest thing to being there live.  Unfortunately I will probably never experience that again in the near future with the way the laws are and the fact that DCI, BOA, WGI, and every other circuit can not afford the licensing costs.  I know I have lamented this before, but it is just so sad to me.

• Like 2