Did someone STEEL the Pittsburgh show thread?

6 minutes ago, 90svet said:

Getting TO the stadium via shuttle is bad enough, but at least fans arrive at somewhat staggered times.  I can't imagine it being fun LEAVING the stadium.

But, given the supposed historical attendance, it obviously doesn't impact attendance much....similar to Allentown, for which I was not able to find a ticket other than General Admission.

I used to save all my corps souvie shopping for after the show to let the busses get most of the crowd back to the various parking areas so that there was a pretty empty bus waiting for me when I was ready 

7 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I used to save all my corps souvie shopping for after the show to let the busses get most of the crowd back to the various parking areas so that there was a pretty empty bus waiting for me when I was ready 

That's certainly better than the "hey...let's leave prior to the last 2 corps, so we can beat the rush" approach of some.

I've never understood why someone would buy an event ticket (drum corps or other event), then leave before its conclusion.

Some photos from last night. Great show all around. Seeing these shows live is the best. I love that we have Flo but nothing comes close to the live sound, power, and visual of seeing these corps perform live. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PMPFUzmkw7kSw21b8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I was thinking it was the northeast somewhere. We (viewers on flo) need a show there again.

The last show there was standstill after intermission because they would no longer allow props on the field. So I think this venue is out

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, crownisking said:

Crown beat BD in percussion???? Has that ever happened before?

This begins to put to rest some of the concerns with Mike Jackson's writing style and how it would fit with Crown. They have a particularly difficult battery book in terms of dynamic control, hand-speed changes, and lots of re-attacks after space. I was concerned about how clean they could be with the demands of their drill. 

Also, can't forget their front ensemble. They aren't necessarily doing anything spectacular, but they are consistent and have some decent licks. 

• Like 5

Crown has a great percussion section. Some excellent writing in the show. Obviously Blue Devils also have a great percussion line with some great writing. But last night Crown got the better number fair and square. Cavaliers put on a clinic. Seeing all these lines live was a joy. Really nothing to complain about. They are amazing...but when it comes to the numbers Crown did well and BD may have to figure something out. I have no doubt BD will clean this week and show up ready to rock and roll come Quarter FInals. They always do. But so will Crown and so will Cavaliers -- and Boston and Bloo and Cadets. It's a strong year for percussion. 

• Like 1