Dci fans should be ashamed of themselves

5 hours ago, valjean said:

"It's not enough that they win I need YOU, PERSONALLY to like it too."

Like. Come on man lol.

I don’t get this statement. I don’t love the BC show personally but totally appreciate what they are trying to accomplish. Same with BD. Everyone wants to like every show “personally.” But that’s not reality.

I decided not to read the entire thread but (IMO) BD is so far ahead of everyone else (as usual) that many don't get the extraordinary execution on display. They deserve a standing ovation even if it's another championship show...

What's baffling to me is after all these years many corps don't seem to take time to break down what they're doing to be the best and copy that formula...You can only meet that level of excellence with consistent, and perfect practice...(IMO) it can be done...This year's top 5 have proven that!

Edited by Phantombari1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, DWW11 said:

I get what the OP means and he isn’t wrong. there were many cheering in my section but the overall response seemed to be a tepid acknowledgement that BD was great. And i get it, but the kids deserve more. I WILL add that the ballad doesn’t get a standing O, i think, because no one wants to break the spell!  It feels wrong to make a lot of noise as those notes fade away. 

I remember asking my director that I designed for (in a show that was crushing it score-wise), "How come no one is applauding?" He replied, "They don't want to interrupt." 

• Like 2

I object to the idea that everyone must stand, even if they don't want to. Do I stand? Yes. Do I stand for every band at a 2 day BOA regional? Yes. I think the lower scoring bands and corps deserve the appreciation and motivation more than the higher scoring ones. The high scoring ones know they're good. 

• Sad 1

I call it BD fatigue and I get it. But these kids are working just as hard as any corp kids are and they are real good performers. Lots of them go on to teach themselves. As with any fans sports ect you a few who “hate”. I use that word because it’s true. B D knows they’re not right now fan favorite for the fact they win all the time. Is it their fault they’re so good? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, MikeBD said:

BD is putting an amazing product on the field and dang near every corp has gotten a standing ovation except for the blue devils. I’m between the 30s i would say maybe 10 percent stood   

it really was disgusting and people need to grow the eff up.  I root for all corps cause the kids deserve it.  

and yes I am in the stadium 

I don't think people have to stand for every corps and when I marched I didn't stand at the front sideline and count the people standing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I call it BD fatigue and I get it. But these kids are working just as hard as any corp kids are and they are real good performers. Lots of them go on to teach themselves. As with any fans sports ect you a few who “hate”. I use that word because it’s true. B D knows they’re not right now fan favorite for the fact they win all the time. Is it their fault they’re so good? 

Comes with the territory. BD can pretty much sign anyone they offer now, they have the biggest org, the most money, the best sound system (maybe arguable), probably the best paid staff…keep going. They are the Yankees of DCI in the pre-salary cap era. If you’re a Yankees fan you love it, if you’re the Rays…not so much.

I'm sorry, I wouldn't stand for everyone at the show. I'm old, I'm fat, I'm tired, and I'm lazy. I just want to sit, eat a hotdog, and drink a coke.

• Haha 3