2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

One thing I think people forget is to include the front.  Cavies front takes the cake now that SCV is gone.

Yeah. I was thinking that too.   SCV won Sanfords often on the excellence of their pit giving them an edge v. other excellent battery units.   The writing they got an executed was next level.  I think this Cavies pit would have given even the Rennicks a legit run if SCV were here this year. 

• Like 1

Rachmoninov’s 2nd Piano Concerto. The most traditionally Phantom selection in the show, but they also do a great job of avoiding the usually inevitable musical quote which becomes ALL BY MYSELF!!!

These horn soloists on the props are just lush in their sound as well.

Great build into the big moment of this movement! They bring it back down for a bit before hitting us once again, this time with the stabs that are closest to Eric Carmen, and then this glorious final chord and resolution.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

I’m sure we’ve talked about the look of the corps in teh brass and percussion, but it’s the guard uniforms that really stand out for me, with the combination of black and blue and the left arm covered in sequins, sparkling in the stadium lights. Those really evoke the look of outer space, which, with the theme of Exogensis, fits perfectly as the idea is that life here began out there.

Boston’s guard costumes are hands down the best, most creative and most theme-right of the season. Just beautiful.

1 minute ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Out of the loop, who or what is Elsa? I also quite liked Juliet, No Walk Too Far and Harmonic Journey 2021 too

its easy to forget how young you are some times. 😉https://www.last.fm/music/Phantom+Regiment/Phantom+Regiment+Classics/1979-Elsa's+Procession+to+the+Cathedral-Wagner

• Like 4

Yeah, that's the ballad of the year in my book. No doubt about it, just a Phantom Regiment classic 

• Like 1

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

bluecoats 2014

Yup.  Was part of Tilt 

Oh, THAT got people off their butts. Well done, Phantom.

Tempo kicks back up, percussion does their thing, a big chord, and now the tubas are working hard laying down the bass line.

• Like 1