2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

The tension the opener arrangements build just sets up this sublime ballad so well.  It's all tension and silences that just goes and goes.

It’s unreal that one of these last four shows are not going to medal unless there is a tie for third…which I am predicting only because I just don’t want it to happen.

Also did not see the round table split coming, prop surprises are literally one of my favorite things ever

This is going to be one of those shows that I just fall in love with over time after not appreciating it fully during the season. Visual writing isn’t strong enough to take a gold, but this is my favorite music book of the season.

• Like 3

Oh, very nice tension in the brass before resolving the final chord. 

With the Table broken, the various knights now go to war with one another. Chaos reigns, depicted musically. By the trumpets playing on mutes, with five other trumpets showing their articulation skills. Guard in front with an excellent saber toss.

• Like 1

Just now, MidWAmericanArts said:

This is going to be one of those shows that I just fall in love with over time after not appreciating it fully during the season. Visual writing isn’t strong enough to take a gold, but this is my favorite music book of the season.

Same.