2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

I'm trying to understand how Cavies beat Colts and Troopers in brass. 

• Like 1

Personal favorites time!!

Most enjoyable show overall: Troopers

Most enjoyable drill: Colts

Most enjoyable music: Phantom

Best moment: Cadets opener hit

Best song choice:  Bluecoats - Bump!

Most intriguing color guard choreography: Blue Devils...dang!

Most satisfying ending: BAC (... but only at Finals... y'all messed with me this season...! Lol) 

Daughters' obsession: the "princess" in Crown! The only corps for whom they sat completely still!

Wife's obsession: "... thou shalt not! Writ over the door..."  😆 we will be reciting that poem in our house for decades to come. 

Tastiest percussion: Cavaliers feature... especially the front ensemble split cymbal sixteenths! AAAAAAA!! So good! 

Most satisfying improvement: Cadets!  Spacing issues and endurance issues in closer seemed to disappear (for the most part) at Finals. What a great run! 

I'll add more as they come to me! 🙂

• Like 6

Now that I'm officially old enough to be getting 10% off on Thursdays at my local grocer, I think I've finally reached the point of simple bliss with all the placement stuff. Every single placement seemed right or at least entirely defensible.  And the shows were the best as a group I've ever seen. Again maybe perception only but it seems to me as. If corps have started to veer a bit back towards some traditional showmanship. Great year. 

• Like 3