2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

1 hour ago, lawdn said:

I saw it as PR and Mandarins as unleashed season best runs and Cadets with a run much like Friday probably a bit better. The structure of Cadets' show was such that it didn't portray the crazy energy of the other 2. Instead their power comes from precision and clarity which is impressive as heck. I had no issue with the scores. PR and Mandarins definitely gave their best shot, and Cadets took it and came out on top. 

Cavies had a great run too - they peaked at finals, just not by a ton over Semis. 

Crazy energy does not make for a great run.   

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Just got home from Indy a couple of hour ago with plans to watch the Finals rebroadcast.

Why did they start it this morning? 🙄

Oh well, what a week! 

You can still start it now.  

That said, I don’t seem to be able to move the slider.  I can only watch from the beginning.

I’m hoping that is just because it is still loading and it will change when it is fully loaded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, skevinp said:

You can still start it now.  

That said, I don’t seem to be able to move the slider.  I can only watch from the beginning.

I’m hoping that is just because it is still loading and it will change when it is fully loaded.

Was going to watch on Roku - Rewind only for on laptop/desktop? Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Was going to watch on Roku - Rewind only for on laptop/desktop? Thanks! 

All I seem to be able to do is pause and unpause, and as it is I’m afraid they will cut it off at 9 pm here because that is midnight EDT.  

Maybe hitting LIVE would take it forward but I don’t do that because I am afraid it will cause it to start at the beginning again.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony L. said:

Crazy energy does not make for a great run.   

True though in these cases I thought it helped. Those designs probably got maxed out but had lower ceilings than Cadets’ show and talent. I would say Cadets had more energy than previous runs but channeled it in ways that were productive for their show. Cadets really are back and will be challenging for medals very soon. I am here for it.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, skevinp said:

All I seem to be able to do is pause and unpause, and as it is I’m afraid they will cut it off at 9 pm here because that is midnight EDT.  

Maybe hitting LIVE would take it forward but I don’t do that because I am afraid it will cause it to start at the beginning again.  

Well, I just happened to check Roku & it’s playing again. Troop on their ballad now. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Anyone know what the attendance numbers were for Indy? I’m sure it’s been answered somewhere in the thread but I don’t wanna look😂

22,291 trying to void & buy a slice of pizza at the same time during intermission…

Edited by keystone3ply
Cx
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

Takeaways from last night:

-The Troopers ending on the ground with the saber worked better than the lever machine anyway

-THE STICK WORK IN CAVIES

-I finally figured out that, much like BD 2000 is the show Blue Stars should've done in 2011 and Crown 2015 is a mid-90s Phantom show, Sinnerman is the show Bluecoats could've done between Jagged Line and Session 44. This is not at all a bad thing and if Mandarins keep in that vein I am here for it.

-Boston finally fixed the ending! It was so much better that way.

-Also, I think I realized that Boston kinda takes turns doing "Boston" shows (White Whale, the first half of SOS, I think Zoom but I never had a good sense of that show) and "Crusader" shows (the second half of SOS, Goliath, Paradise Lost). Wicked Games is both in this paradigm.

-It was nice to see as many corps have their best run on Finals night as happened last night.

i disagree with the ending....it was harder to see the Trooper

• Like 2