2023 DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

+++++++ The Sunday Night Re-broadcast is now OVER +++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Any new observations?  Comments?

4 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Just got home from Indy a couple of hour ago with plans to watch the Finals rebroadcast.

Why did they start it this morning? 🙄

Oh well, what a week! 

Were you in your face melting seats? I tried to look for you and @Jurassic Lancer, but you remained elusive, Moby Richard-style. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, wvu80 said:

+++++++ The Sunday Night Re-broadcast is now OVER +++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Any new observations?  Comments?

Wasn’t able to watch everything and some I mostly listened too. But my thoughts:

i need to give another shoutout to the Colts. What a fine, enjoyable program from a solid organization. So happy they are enjoying competitive success.

PR had a lot of bass coming out of speakers at stadium and I could hear some of thst on Flo.

i enjoyed Cadets’ show even more every additional time I saw/heard it. Wow, they sound good.

Boston sounded much better in person than on Flo.

I noticed synth bass from Crown more live than I did on Flo - I thought it was more than needed but didn’t detract much from my experience.

There were many many audio effects in Bloo that I did not hear at all at LOS that were bell-clear on Flo.

BD also spectacular on Flo though multicam didn’t include some of my favorite visual momenrs. Ballad came through better on Flo than live especially as to soloists.

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lawdn said:

Wasn’t able to watch everything and some I mostly listened too. But my thoughts:

i need to give another shoutout to the Colts. What a fine, enjoyable program from a solid organization. So happy they are enjoying competitive success.

PR had a lot of bass coming out of speakers at stadium and I could hear some of thst on Flo.

i enjoyed Cadets’ show even more every additional time I saw/heard it. Wow, they sound good.

Boston sounded much better in person than on Flo.

I noticed synth bass from Crown more live than I did on Flo - I thought it was more than needed but didn’t detract much from my experience.

There were many many audio effects in Bloo that I did not hear at all at LOS that were bell-clear on Flo.

BD also spectacular on Flo though multicam didn’t include some of my favorite visual momenrs. Ballad came through better on Flo than live especially as to soloists.

One more thing - high level of audience enthusiasm during the shows for Regiment, Mandarins and Boston in particular, but really any show, did not seem to come through on Flo. 

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, skevinp said:

As is often the case for people who quarrel here, I suspect you would get along fine in person.  

This I agree with. 

• Like 2

I haven't seen it mentioned, did you notice the DCI World Championships banner did not have a year, 2023?  Just the name of the event.

++++

I'd also like to know what people had as their favorite/best uniform.  Make separate lists for marchers color guard if you wish.

Color Guard - Blue Devils.  I like that they created a uni which makes the women look female and the males look masculine, that's hard to do.  I hate when corps put a frilly dress on a CG male and make him look feminine.

Marchers, traditional - Cavaliers, Scouts.  Both had a modern and clean visual effect on the field with a distinct connect to their roots.

Marchers, non-traditional - By far Bloo.  I usually hate green based uni's on a green football field  but Bloo's use of color made formations easy to read.  Blue Devils were also innovative with the pink sash early in the show somehow changing to the red based dual sashes later.  Very visually effective and blended in perfectly with the show design and progression of the cutouts theme.

• Like 6

On 8/14/2023 at 1:27 PM, lawdn said:

One more thing - high level of audience enthusiasm during the shows for Regiment, Mandarins and Boston in particular, but really any show, did not seem to come through on Flo. 

Yup; they have a couple of audience mics but probably not mixed well. I didn’t really like 2-3 shows on Flo until I saw them live. And oh course it’s much better live & easier to read. Some amazing performances in Indy.