The Cavaliers 2024

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

One year, but we don't know what happens behind closed doors, so anything is possible.

Interesting. During the Marching Roundtable podcast episode featuring the entire design team (from June), it was implied by Mac that this was the first of many years this team would design together ( something to the effect of the immediate chemistry of the designers bodes well for what they can accomplish in the future together). 

3 hours ago, rmurrey74 said:

I wonder what it would take ($$$$) to lure Gaines back. Seems like enough time has passed. The visual design just seemed awkward or cluttered? I would love to see them back to the bent leg marching!  The straight leg change has not paid off. 

Once they got it cleaned up I really enjoyed this years visual program. It would be great to get Michael Gaines back.. he is a genius, although I wasn't a huge fan of his work at SCV. Especially '19 and '22.

Winning percussion puts the Cavies in the best position to move up and challenge the top four. You have to be able to win a caption before you can contend at the top. 

If they open it with the beat drop from the end of 2000, this will be my favorite show this year and the funniest thing a corps has ever done since the BD sound check

Would love to see the Cavaliers continue to move up. I started a doubter at the beginning of the season but they opened my eyes. 
And that drumline was #### clean

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 12:27 PM, gbass598 said:

You have to assume some brass staff changes are happening. The gap between percussion and brass performance like that shouldn't be acceptable. 

Unless. The bossed and leadership is doing what they have indicated. Testing new methods of sound production in brass using. Less amplification and experimenting with professional area methods used by top pop performers. Working toward the future which can cause  some loss off progress until they hit the right methods. And this season was for the cavies the ending of an old guard of staffing and building anew. I noticed much improvement over last year in all areas. In addition, the 75 anniversary marks a new era for sll cavaliers including the fans. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The transition to a new Executive Director and new Corps Directors (after the 2024 season) has been in the planning stage for two years.  It is clearly amicable and well thought out.  A tremendous job has been done by both of these fine gentlemen (Monte Mast and Dr. Michael Vaugh).
The Board of Directors also just elected new leadership roles, as has been planned for the last several years preparing for succession.  They will now get to guide the selection and onboarding of their two new main executive staff members.
And, the new ED and corps director will certainly be brought on with ample time to assimilate during the 2024 season so as to know the culture and be prepared for season-ending decision making responsibilities for the 2025 season.
Proud to know all of these fine people, including the just exiting board president, Chris Hartowicz, who oversaw and shepherded the organization through some difficult, though publicly quiet challenges, with the help of many excellent partners.
This, IMHO (with 40 years of non-profit management, fundraising, and board development professional background) is how transition and excellence can go hand in hand.  
Thanks to all involved for loving my corps as much as I do.
Splooie!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Keep the uniforms gosh darn it

• Like 1