Carolina Crown 2024

I was at a storm chasing convention in Fort Worth this weekend (I am a storm chaser and meteorology major) and happened to meet two film score writers from Hollywood that also happen to be prominent storm chasers and we had about a four hour long conversation about film scores and classical music. During that awesome conversation, I was able to introduce them to Crown and they were blown away. The very first show I presented them with was 2012! I also showed them snippets from 2015, 2018, 2019, and 2023. 

Two of the husband's favorite pieces are Tristan and Isode and Gabriel's Oboe, so naturally he was very moved by what he saw. I will never forget about that conversation that I had with them.

If you want to go look them up, their names are Bill and Anna Stromburg! They are great composers!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

I was at a storm chasing convention in Fort Worth this weekend (I am a storm chaser and meteorology major) and happened to meet two film score writers from Hollywood that also happen to be prominent storm chasers 

I thought it was kind of interesting. In 2022 at DCI I won a tour of the tornado center in Norman OK. The director of the center is a DCI fan and is the official DCI meteorologist.  I wasn't able to do it last year but theis year I plan on taking a break from the tour in OK and seeing how they track tornadoes and such

• Like 2

3 hours ago, totaleefree said:

I thought it was kind of interesting. In 2022 at DCI I won a tour of the tornado center in Norman OK. The director of the center is a DCI fan and is the official DCI meteorologist.  I wasn't able to do it last year but theis year I plan on taking a break from the tour in OK and seeing how they track tornadoes and such

That seems an odd prize to be pitching at a DCI show.  But I’d be in.  I grew up in North Indiana and for a hot minute thought about storm chasing/meteorology as  a career. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 10:31 AM, Terri Schehr said:

I hope no one minds if I post this video from DCI.  January is a boring time and it’s nice to recall some summer fun from past times. 

I think I had an out-of-body experience watching this show. It is my favorite show ever and arguably I guess, the greatest brass performance in drum corps history to my ears anyway. It made me cry.  Enjoy a snippet.

My favorite show of all time!!!   I regret I wasn't able to see it in person.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wigwam said:

My favorite show of all time!!!   I regret I wasn't able to see it in person.  

I was in the first row on the 50 in Indy. I also saw them at the first show In Louisville that year.  I thought they would win after the first view. I hope those members know that despite not winning, they were a part of a truly special show and people are still talking about it now.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3