The Staff Merry-go-round

1 hour ago, fighterkit said:

Heard from someone I trust with these sorta things. Wont be naming names. If I was misled Im willing to take the blame publicly

Rumor has it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, contraguard05 said:

My understanding is this was his first year back. I have a feeling they want to hang on to him.

Kuhn returned in 2018 I believe. At the time, his role was pretty much to move in with the corps for a rehearsal week and take over percussion rehearsals to get a fresh take on everything, was really helpful. Glad to see he's still there.

55 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Do you know the inside scoop of the “letting go”? Because I do. I’m guessing you don’t based on how matter of fact your statement is without support and if you did know you wouldn’t have commented.

I thought they were good. And they clearly aren't there anymore. That pretty much wraps up my point, so I guess it was stated matter-of-factly. And I don't even need to brag about "scoop" (I mean, really, LOL). 

6 hours ago, fighterkit said:

XXXXXX out at ---------------

6 hours ago, Euph74 said:

Full staff listing is still there.

What is the source of the XXXXXXXX news?

5 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

If XXXXXXX is out at -----------, does that mean YYYYYYYYYY is likely out as well?

3 hours ago, tommynev said:

Where is this info coming from?

3 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Haven’t seen/heard anything re: XXXXXX. 
source?

I believe YYYYYYY was just used as a consultant. So would think if rumor is true then yes YYYYY gone as well. 

3 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Was asking because XXXXXXXX is still on ---------- Website as well as listed in his social media. So question is regards to where did ZZZZZZZZ get their intel other then just posting it on DCP?

3 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Tag him and ask him. All I can say. Lol. 

This thread is reliably cringe every year.

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2023 at 5:27 AM, cixelsyd said:

2nd and 3rd place flipped.  4th and 5th place flipped.  Impossible to say it made no difference.

I think the real reason the idea was dropped is because no one could keep a secret.  

Tell me more here. We certainly did not know we had won prelims. We only knew were we in the top 5 (I thought 3rd or 4th) and I was extremely happy with that.

The only thing I have ever heard in the last 35 years about the the scores getting out was that the Blue Devils staff knew we had won prelims. Whether or not that is true, I do not know. I don't tend to believe anything I hear word of mouth, but I'm giving that example because that's the only thing I have ever heard.

I think the reason it was dropped was because there were only two corps truely happy with the outcome in '88 - the Madison Scouts and the Sky Ryders.

Blue Devils - undefeated, get 3rd.

Vanguard - 2nd for the 4th year in a row.

Garfield - Hopkins. Baby. Has to get his way always.

Cavies - beat Garfield in prelims to fall to them in finals.

Regiment - out of the top 5 and performed so early finals night.

Star - beat Regiment, Cavies and Garfield consistently all the way up to finals and finished 7th.

Spirit - ties for 8th in prelims, falls to 9th in finals.

Dutch Boy - 13th.

I do like the idea of scores being kept secret in preliminaries but I didn't like the performance order for a lot of the corps in '88. You can't have both.

Edited by Vuitton

Doubtful Saucedo is going anywhere else than Cavaliers. The vibe this year (from the staffers I talked to) was completely different than the chaos last year, and corps management would be goofy not to want to hold on to him. Same with the percussion team: they have every reason to be happy, and happy people don't run away from home. Hope Rosemont can hold on to the guard staff, as they were an obvious upgrade over the last few years in terms of recruiting and teaching (most improved guard this season, and it's not up for debate). 

Visual design and brass instruction were the two weakest areas, and you'd have to believe they're looking at upgrades/changes  in both areas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't know anything about staff but I might as well hop on this thread because it's super active.

Just crossing my fingers nothing happens to Bluecoats staff.

• Confused 2