The Staff Merry-go-round

4 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

They cancelled because they couldn’t realistically hold it without getting into staff updates. It will be held after the Tues after Labor Day because of that rule. Nothing bad caused it. They explained to alumni. Thanks all.

I think the frustration is the continued lack of transparency from VMAPA. Hosting a public meeting and then at the last second cancelling is a bad look and continues to keep information. 

This rule has been around since 2017, why now do they call this as a reason to cancel the meeting. If it is that critical to the meeting I understand, but they should have made this decision sooner. 
And if the staff changes are not critical to the meeting than just go "We cannot talk about it because of this DCI rule"
Yes that will cause some frustration but they are causing more frustration by cancelling last second. 

Right now it just looks like VMAPA is putting off making the announcement that they are not fielding and are finding excuses to do it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

Vanguard cancels their public meeting that was supposed to happen tonight... 

https://www.scvanguard.org/event/vmapa-board-meeting-monday-august-28-2023-6pm-9pm-pdt/2023-08-28/

well....makes sense in one way. if they were going to talk staff, they have to stay in compliance with the DCI rule on staff announcements

44 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

They cancelled because they couldn’t realistically hold it without getting into staff updates. It will be held after the Tues after Labor Day because of that rule. Nothing bad caused it. They explained to alumni. Thanks all.

Couldn’t they just say “Folks we’re back for ‘24. Please check our website for audition information. Unfortunately due to DCI policies we can’t talk staff at this time until after Labor Day . Thank You for Understanding.”

it’s really not that difficult.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Couldn’t they just say “Folks we’re back for ‘24. Please check our website for audition information. Unfortunately due to DCI policies we can’t talk staff st this time until after Labor Day . Thank You for Understanding.”

Ordering enough purple feathers in bulk for every alum and BOD member takes some time. Maybe thats why they're waiting. 

Screenshot_20230825_092400_Messenger.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Couldn’t they just say “Folks we’re back for ‘24. Please check our website for audition information. Unfortunately due to DCI policies we can’t talk staff at this time until after Labor Day . Thank You for Understanding.”

Probably because they aren't coming back 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

Ordering enough purple feathers in bulk for every alum and BOD member takes some time. Maybe thats why they're waiting. 

Screenshot_20230825_092400_Messenger.jpg

I understand the feather of course in regards To SCV, but please forgive my ignorance regarding the acronym and the color purple. Meaning?

1 minute ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Probably because they aren't coming back 

Then they need to say it already!!!

Just now, GREENBLUE said:

I understand the feather of course in regards To SCV, but please forgive my ignorance regarding the acronym and the color purple. Meaning?

This was made by an SCVC alum who’s was frustrated by the org making them take 22 off, which then in turn led to the A corps. 

There’s No Place Like Santa Clara is an acronym the corps uses a lot. 

The purple feather is something that members would give towards members they did not want to come back to the org for various reasons. 

This photo was made to signify that VMAPA gave SCVC a purple feather. And now In turn.VMAPA is being given the purple feather 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1