The Staff Merry-go-round

4 hours ago, Scringus said:

As a member of the Blue Knights, I didn't expect it either! When they fired our vis staff in 22, we knew on finals day, and had a decent idea why. But I was completed blindsided by the news that our vis staff was leaving. I thought they really knew their #### and were awesome, and I love marching bent leg, so I'm really curious to see who replaces them. 

Its been a tough couple of years with staff turnover there at the Blue Knights. Not only visual staff turnover there, but Carolina Crown brought in, ie " poached " the Percussion team of Mike Jackson, Kevin Shah to Crown at the end of 2022.

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Its been a tough couple of years with staff turnover there at the Blue Knights. Not only visual staff turnover there, but Carolina Crown brought in, ie " poached " the Percussion team of Mike Jackson, Kevin Shah to Crown at the end of 2022.

BK Southeast! Amiright? 

• Haha 6

18 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

I understand what you're trying to do, but you do realize that Mike and Kevin weren't at Blue Knights in 2022, right? They left in 2019. See the difference? Sometimes being a smart*** just makes you look...well, you know.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yes, I refer to Boston as Cadets of New England with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek. Referring to Boston as Crown North is beyond ridiculous … and petty.

It’s not poaching if the staff decided where they were wasn’t in their best interests and I think all can look at cadets 16 to see why people left

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grandpa Joe said:

I understand what you're trying to do, but you do realize that Mike and Kevin weren't at Blue Knights in 2022, right? They left in 2019. See the difference? Sometimes being a smart*** just makes you look...well, you know.

Well, its not exactly as cut and dried as that, You know Joe ?.  Covid in 2020-2021 ring a bell for you ? When Shah/ Jackson were there their last competition season in 2019, BK was 7th. That was their last gig in DCI, before they went to Crown after 2022 season. Maybe in retrospect as I think this through, Shah/ Jackson did not go directly to Carolina Crown from BK, and instead maybe utilized the name of Jeff Sacktig a marching alum of Cadets for a couple pf years ( Cadet of the year in '87 ) and visual designer at Cadets and also Cadet2 for many years being " poached " by Carolina Crown from the Cadets for the 2017 season. But I "see the difference" now. Sacktig is probably a better example of immediate season to season " poaching ", which is what I think you are looking for here😊.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Well, its not exactly as cut and dried as that, You know Joe ?.  Covid in 2020-2021 ring a bell for you ? When Shah/ Jackson were there their last competition season in 2019, BK was 7th. That was their last gig in DCI, before they went to Crown after 2022 season. Maybe in retrospect as I think this through, Shah/ Jackson did not go directly to Carolina Crown from BK, and instead utilized the name of Jeff Sacktig a marching alum of Cadets ( 89 ) and visual designer at Cadets being " poached " by Carolina Crown from the Cadets for the 2017 season. But I see the difference. Sacktig is probably a better example of immediate season to season " poaching ", which is what I think you are looking for here😊.

I can even remember some Crown enthusiasts saying Jeff was an upgrade to their visual program at the time. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I can even remember some Crown enthusiasts saying Jeff was an upgrade in my be visual program at the time. 

I do as well. I even recall some there saying the staff that left for Boston were " getting stale " and a it was "time for a change". One can even go back here on DCP if so inclined to read those sentiments still visible there.   When Crown made changes last season at this time and abruptly fired their percussion staff to bring in Shah & Jackson ( that the last time they were in DCI was 2019 with Blue Knights ), many on here from Crown really did not have very good things to say about that percussion staff either.... that had served them well there, imo.  I'm not so sure Percussion was mostly what was holding them back in 2022 either with their " Right Here, Right Now " show. Oh well, not my concern.

Back on topic... there are more staff changes coming. I know it. It'll be anounced soon enough...

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

Well, its not exactly as cut and dried as that, You know Joe ?.  Covid in 2020-2021 ring a bell for you ? When Shah/ Jackson were there their last competition season in 2019, BK was 7th. That was their last gig in DCI, before they went to Crown after 2022 season. Maybe in retrospect as I think this through, Shah/ Jackson did not go directly to Carolina Crown from BK, and instead maybe utilized the name of Jeff Sacktig a marching alum of Cadets for a couple pf years ( Cadet of the year in '87 ) and visual designer at Cadets and also Cadet2 for many years being " poached " by Carolina Crown from the Cadets for the 2017 season. But I "see the difference" now. Sacktig is probably a better example of immediate season to season " poaching ", which is what I think you are looking for here😊.

Continue to try and twist it anyway you want. Eventually you'll run out of juice.

• Haha 1