The Staff Merry-go-round

10 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Well, its not exactly as cut and dried as that, You know Joe ?.  Covid in 2020-2021 ring a bell for you ? When Shah/ Jackson were there their last competition season in 2019, BK was 7th. That was their last gig in DCI, before they went to Crown after 2022 season.

Not exactly as cut and dried as that, either.  After leaving BK, the duo signed on as consultants for Boston Crusaders in the fall of 2019.

38 minutes ago, Tim K said:

it seems as if every year we see positive FB posts by a corps during the off season and learn that the winter was difficult for a corps and in some cases, there were questions as to whether the corps would compete. 

SCV is a good example. They were in unprecedented debt at this time last year, and delinquent in tax filings and with virtually no hope of fielding a corps for 2023. Yet from this point onward last season, they went deep into the fall audition process creating havoc and chaos and unethically taking marcher audition fees. All the while their facebook page was all sunshine and lolipops to the public. DCI has been pretty much silent on the SCV situation out there. The latest rumors are that they intend to field a corps for 2024. Other rumors say no. At what point does SCV and/ or DCI make an announcement as to the status of SCV for 2024 ? Or does SCV intend to drag this process out once again deep into the Fall ?

• Like 1

Can we seriously take a break from the "poach" tussle?

Seems like a good hire for Cavaliers, if for no other reason than it opens up the range of designers in World Class rather than just using the same old same old. 

Vanguard has to get past the DCI Board before they can be back on tour, and that's far from a guaranteed conclusion. And when your Treasurer, the person most responsible and knowledgeable of your organization's financial and legal position, resigns in reaction to a vote to try to get back on tour, well...

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Yes, Boston Crusaders " Poached " them. 😊

Stop being “toxic.”  Oh, am I on the wrong thread?   We do like to throw those mean words around.  One persons poaching is another’s leaving voluntarily because it’s a good career move. In the very same way, one person’s toxic is another’s critique of poor performance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Boss Anova said:

SCV is a good example. They were in unprecedented debt at this time last year, and delinquent in tax filings and with virtually no hope of fielding a corps for 2023. Yet from this point onward last season, they went deep into the fall audition process creating havoc and chaos and unethically taking marcher audition fees. All the while their facebook page was all sunshine and lolipops to the public. DCI has been pretty much silent on the SCV situation out there. The latest rumors are that they intend to field a corps for 2024. Other rumors say no. At what point does SCV and/ or DCI make an announcement as to the status of SCV for 2024 ? Or does SCV intend to drag this process out once again deep into the Fall ?

Rumors...rumors..rumors. The only legit Rumors is the Fleetwood Mac album. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

Stop being “toxic.”  Oh, am I on the wrong thread?   We do like to throw those mean words around.  One persons poaching is another’s leaving voluntarily because it’s a good career move. In the very same way, one person’s toxic is another’s critique of poor performance. 

My sarcasm and calling such a term as " poaching " a " silly term " above, seems to have missed the mark as intended. I chuckled at the term, but it does appear to make a handful of DCP'ers really angry, so henceforth, I promise never to use this pejorative and angry term on here again. Promise. No fingers crossed on my keyboard either.😊

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

I agree. Cavaliers really did need to do something on the Visual ( and Guard, imo ) side, and this is a positive start in that direction for them.

His drill for Reagan last year had some super Early-2000s Cavies-esque moments, and a whole lot of intention in some really cool ways. He wasn’t on my bingo card to take the leap into the DCI drill writing world but he should fit in extremely well with that team, more so than some of the other names I heard connected to that job. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SaturdayNightLights said:

His drill for Reagan last year had some super Early-2000s Cavies-esque moments, and a whole lot of intention in some really cool ways. He wasn’t on my bingo card to take the leap into the DCI drill writing world but he should fit in extremely well with that team, more so than some of the other names I heard connected to that job. 

Just watched some video. If he can do that with a high school then it should be exciting to see what he does for the Cavaliers.

Looks like the design team is set. Let’s see what they can do without the constraints of an Anniversary season. 

Glad to see the guard team returning. It was pretty amazing watching the progress from the beginning of the season to 6th place at finals. Most improved guard of 2023.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Not exactly as cut and dried as that, either.  After leaving BK, the duo signed on as consultants for Boston Crusaders in the fall of 2019.

Consultant is a "loose" term because I don't think either of them spent much time or effort and no time on tour that I'm aware of.