The Staff Merry-go-round

38 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

DCI bylaws clearly state that in order to participate you have to have 501C status. 

So if nonprofit is revoked by State of CA for non-compliance, SCV is automatically removed from 2024 tour?   If this is going to happen I hope it happens fast & not, like, in May 2024. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

So if nonprofit is revoked by State of CA for non-compliance, SCV is automatically removed from 2024 tour?   If this is going to happen I hope it happens fast & not, like, in May 2024. 

DCI BOD meets in 2 weeks i believe

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

DCI BOD meets in 2 weeks i believe

So, I suppose if SCV is not officially in good standing with State of California as a non-profit in 2 weeks DCI should put the kibosh on any participation in DCI tour or contests until they are in good standing.  

Should we take bets on whether DCI BoD will have the guts to do this?

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

So, I suppose if SCV is not officially in good standing with State of California as a non-profit in 2 weeks DCI should put the kibosh on any participation in DCI tour or contests until they are in good standing.  

Shall we take bets on whether DCI BoD will have the guts to do this?

i won't place actual money on it. but i have 2 bottles set aside as to which i drink depending on what they do. one is pleasant and soothing, and one is bitter

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

i won't place actual money on it. but i have 2 bottles set aside as to which i drink depending on what they do. one is pleasant and soothing, and one is bitter

It should not be hard.  DCI BoD should follow the rules.  If they knowingly allow an organization that is not in legal compliance to participate, do they then open up DCI to some liability?   DCI needs to be talking to their legal counsel (& listen to them, even if it isn’t what they want to hear).  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It should not be hard.  DCI BoD should follow the rules.  If they knowingly allow an organization that is not in legal compliance to participate, do they then open up DCI to some liability?   DCI needs to be talking to their legal counsel (& listen to them, even if it isn’t what they want to hear).  

All of these issues have been resolved before SCV announced. Several corps have multiple Tax ID,s and file 990;s under each Tax ID.  Look at  what the Cadets did pickup a new Tax ID from an inactive group and change the name.  Active Tax ID's with 501C status can be purchased.