Blue Devils 2024 right before the storm

New day heading towards a new season. Out with 2023 drum corps season, moving on to 2024. But before i look forward i and many of us still have many days ahead to still reflect on the Incredible 2023 season; on all the shows that was produced and performed.

The level of talent across the board was impressive, the competitive nature of the young members were fierce and magnificent to watch. The return and battle for 12th in top 12, the rise of The Mandarins from previous 10th place to 6th. The return of Cadets, The resilience of Cavaliers, The battles of Troop, BS, Colts. The incredible designs and battles between Phantom, Mandarins, Cadets. The Spectacular show down of the top 4; BAC, BC, CROWN, BD was unmatched and thrilling, and the 21st victory of the BD Undefeated streak from 2022 to 2023, technically they haven't lost a show since finals 2019, which is another record in the history books.

What would ya'll like to individually like to see Blue Devils explore for the 2024 show.

Should it be a conceptual, and what kind of concept ?

Should it be purely musical, and what musical genre would you like for them to explore ?

Should it be another arts show ?

Should it be light heart , or Dark themed ?

Should be Story telling ?

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Well I have been saying it for seven years, so I must continue............a show with all Gordon Goodwin music. 12 minutes of in your face jams, reducing Lucas Oil to rubble. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Well I have been saying it for seven years, so I must continue............a show with all Gordon Goodwin music. 12 minutes of in your face jams, reducing Lucas Oil to rubble. 

Absolutely. Some how i believe it will come, it's just when.

Lean into the anime and West coast jazz the whole way.  Seatbelts + Stan Kenton with anime inspired visual storytelling.  

They've already been capturing the attention of anime fans the past two years and pulling them into the activity fanbase.  Pulling harder could break open a whole new community to the activity and provide a fresh new look to a classic BD jazz sound. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

I’d love them explore one thing and make complete style change and a risk e.g how about doing Hamilton? 

Hamilton? This was a theme many people few years ago wanted from BD. I'm with you on that..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

BD has proven they can do everything but one thing. They haven't styled a show like the bluecoats. Yes let's see them try to outdo the bluecoats 🤣

I don't wanna see them even attempt to LMAO 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Lean into the anime and West coast jazz the whole way.  Seatbelts + Stan Kenton with anime inspired visual storytelling.  

They've already been capturing the attention of anime fans the past two years and pulling them into the activity fanbase.  Pulling harder could break open a whole new community to the activity and provide a fresh new look to a classic BD jazz sound. 

I agree with this 100% This would be pure BD magic, while opening up the door to a whole new fan base.

• Like 2