Blue Devils 2024 right before the storm

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

If BD was going to bring back any music from the 70s-80s, might as well bring back the single baddest piece of music to ever grace a football field. 

La Fiesta, BD 1984. 

Game over. Everybody go home. See you in 2025. No one is topping that.

BD throws down La Fiesta in Indy, the heck with throwing babies.

We will see grown adults getting tossed around Lucas Oil. 

I don’t know, Chief! While i would LOVE some La Fiesta, Legend would have me throwing MYSELF! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

And i was there!

I was too. My girlfriend at the time was a flag in their guard. I was ecstatic for her and other friends in BD, but it was also bittersweet. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

Hey, Fizzle, Channel One Suite hardly fits the dark theme you want so bad! 🤣 i am cool with reprising Channel One. Much preferred over dark!  And Buddy Rich played a concert at my high school in 1974 or 75. Hard to remember which, as it was, after all, a concert in the 70s. 🤣

🤣 Not really saying i want it in a dark theme, i want the dark theme differently, but I'd love to experience Channel One Suite in a modern show. I Want to experience what you beautiful people experienced in 76.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

And i was there!

Same here. The highlight of Legend was the cymbals kneeling in front of the snares with the soles of their shoes spelling out West Is Best. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

If BD was going to bring back any music from the 70s-80s, might as well bring back the single baddest piece of music to ever grace a football field. 

La Fiesta, BD 1984. 

Game over. Everybody go home. See you in 2025. No one is topping that.

BD throws down La Fiesta in Indy, the heck with throwing babies.

We will see grown adults getting tossed around Lucas Oil. 

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Buddy Rich used several manufacturers throughout his career including Ludwig, Rogers, Slingerland, & Vox kits.  But he mostly used the white marine pearl Slingerland kit.  You can own his 1968 kit that's been discounted to about $23k from Donn Bennett.  (Scroll down to the 7th row.)  Several other famous kits available from his 'Drum Vault'.  I'm sure financing is available. 💵

https://donnbennett.com/category/drum-gallery/drum-sets/   

That's almost a bargain compared to some of those others. I couldn't even tell you who Tom Petty's drummer was and his studio set is $69K?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

I don’t know, Chief! While i would LOVE some La Fiesta, Legend would have me throwing MYSELF! 

LMAO! 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

And i was there!

22 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I was too. My girlfriend at the time was a flag in their guard. I was ecstatic for her and other friends in BD, but it was also bittersweet. 

Aww.. How sweet, 76 reunion. I'm Jealous Lol

• Like 2