Boston Crusaders 2024

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i've seen but my picks were based on more signficant or historical issues. 83...Boston Corps...the corps that would not die. 85...first synth. 90....last full Conquest

25 and still alive.  They were dogged in their determination. It was admirable.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 6

I could write volumes, but I won't. 

1983 (I was there as a 23 yr old vis tech)

51 total members but still in "World Class"

One bus plus a Ford van on tour 

All volunteer alumni staff 

Slept on the front lawn of the Allentown Water District the night before the big show

Had to go on first every show as "The Boston Drum & Bugle Corps"

Beat dozens of corps more than twice our size, and most of those folded in the following years

MANY of Inspire's current BOD members marched in this corps.

And yes, it is because of this kind of history that Boston alums are as engaged as they are to this day.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, craiga said:

Slept on the front lawn of the Allentown Water District the night before the big show

Beat dozens of corps more than twice our size, and most of those folded in the following years

And yes, it is because of this kind of history that Boston alums are as engaged as they are to this day.

And Boston made “Associate Member” (when they had that designation) in DCI.  The smallest corps to ever do that.  51 members and only a handful of shows. And an amazing performance at the Orange Bowl, considering the warm up street action minutes before performing.  

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i've seen but my picks were based on more signficant or historical issues. 83...Boston Corps...the corps that would not die. 85...first synth. 90....last full Conquest

I seem to recall a Conquest in late 1990s (saw them in Alton IL) - they had the either awesome or horrible idea to select some of the music via a RAMD poll.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, craiga said:

And that Era of Boston is still told to the members today during history and Giant night

• Like 2

I even mentioned how the crowd at Allentown would practice Conquest as the corps came on 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Was last year of tick era.  Execution, musicianship, and music difficulty counted for more than GE, so if a Corps excelled in those captions they could overcome lower GE scores that were a function of fewer members on the field.  

Personally, I think the current system is too GE weighted & I would like to see it shift a bit back towards the execution & difficulty captions.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

I even mentioned how the crowd at Allentown would practice Conquest as the corps came on 

I don't think I knew that. Thats pretty cool to hear 

• Like 2