Boston Crusaders 2024

3 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

I agree. But I am happy with how the corps beat everyone in a performance caption at some point. At the end of the season they were basically second in every performance caption. 

Happy the kids did their job on the field. Design is what got us but it happens. Everyone has off years for design

24 will be better

And sometimes the design, while imperfect to the judges, speaks to audiences very clearly and simply moves us without bringing a pen and paper into it. Loved last year's show and an looking forward to the next. If last year wasn't it, to y'all, then I can't wait to see what is.

(Thanks again, Boston, for On the Waterfront. 🥹)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

And sometimes the design, while imperfect to the judges, speaks to audiences very clearly and simply moves us without bringing a pen and paper into it. Loved last year's show and an looking forward to the next. If last year wasn't it, to y'all, then I can't wait to see what is.

(Thanks again, Boston, for On the Waterfront. 🥹)

I loved the show. Honestly there hasn’t been a Boston show in the past 30 years I haven’t loved. Part of the reason I came here

But the judges didn’t agree and that’s ok. I think we all can agree that if we based our opinions on what the judges thought this activity would be a lot harder to enjoy 

(and that’s not a slight on judges. I cannot imagine being in their position to judge and give numbers out)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

I loved the show. Honestly there hasn’t been a Boston show in the past 30 years I haven’t loved. Part of the reason I came here

But the judges didn’t agree and that’s ok. I think we all can agree that if we based our opinions on what the judges thought this activity would be a lot harder to enjoy 

(and that’s not a slight on judges. I cannot imagine being in their position to judge and give numbers out)

Not only that, but with the negative drama which currently exists in our activity, BAC still gives us reason to cheer.  Meeting corps members each year, witnessing spring training in Vermont, and seeing them perform during the summer reminds me why I have been part of this family for 45 years.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, craiga said:

Not only that, but with the negative drama which currently exists in our activity, BAC still gives us reason to cheer.  Meeting corps members each year, witnessing spring training in Vermont, and seeing them perform during the summer reminds me why I have been part of this family for 45 years.

I have volunteered with the corps for the past two seasons since aging out and have done a lot of airport runs to pick kids up and drop them off. 

Such an amazing group of kids and the way they talk about Boston and their time there so far has always filled me with such joy. 

The love the kids have, even the ones who have been with the corps for a month or two, is so invigorating and fills me with trust that the org will be in good hands year after year. Getting to know them too is such an important part and seeing everyone's background and pathway is super exciting. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, craiga said:

You know, I'm not salty....but a piece of me DOES wonder what the heck Boston has to do to be able to win.   I have never been a BD hater, and I always congratulate them when they win.   They are a great organization....well financed, well taught, great staff longevity, massively well organized and deeply capitalized, with an amazing staff.

These attributes also describe the Boston Crusaders, imo.

Bloo 14....2nd. 15 fell back a few spots....then 16. one never knows....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Ive got the script on my desk. 

Good year for Boston. Thats all I can say. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 6:02 PM, jwillis35 said:

Boston will bring another fantastic show to the field, just like they did this year, last year, and many years prior. They are championship caliber. Caption strength is amazing and I do not see that changing. 

Agreed....I definitely see a title in their future.

On 12/21/2023 at 9:13 PM, Jeff Ream said:

Regiment: 2nd 1977-1979, 2nd 1989, 1st 1996 (tie) and 2008.

Crown: 2nd 2009, 4th 2010 and 2011, 2nd 2012, 1st 2013.

Garfield: 7th 1981, 3rd 1982, 1st 1983

Star: 6th 1989, 3rd 1990, 1st 1991

Sometimes it takes two decades (or 31 years to win your first solo title) and other times a year once you hit top 3. Winning is so hard in this activity, and it's even harder today because of the Blue Devils.

I really don't know why winning matters so much to people. I will kill for Madison to be in Boston's position. 

Edited by Vuitton