Boston Crusaders 2024

Just chiming in that yeah BAC 2000 remains something particularly special.  I remember all three nights in College Park there was this complete energy in the crowd when they opened with Bolero and totally a hush as they got to the sung chorale.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Just chiming in that yeah BAC 2000 remains something particularly special.  I remember all three nights in College Park there was this complete energy in the crowd when they opened with Bolero and totally a hush as they got to the sung chorale.  

the amount of growth from Allentown to quarters was nothing short of amazing. you could tell at East they had a vibe, just a magic growing...just wow. by finals night that crowd was ready for them, and the corps gave them everything they had and more.

and the Conquest hits....it was pure Rondo "this place is electric"

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 3:25 PM, Vuitton said:

Yes, both seasons were magical but 2000 was incredible. Beautifully designed show and highly entertaining. That's the year I fell in love with BAC. My other big favorites are 2001 and 2012. That was such a great show. Last year's is probably my number 1 favorite because it was such a great design and was so entertaining. On The Waterfront is probably my favorite drum corps tune and that guard was so amazing.

it was. but 99...that first time...finally.....on Saturday night. wow

On 12/27/2023 at 4:30 PM, Jeff Ream said:

it was. but 99...that first time...finally.....on Saturday night. wow

For many alums who made a last minute decision to go to Madison for that night,  it was tremendous.  So hard to describe properly. The culmination of years of ups and downs and other assorted challenges in the hopes that it would one day see the corps in finals.  It was a very special night.  Hoping for an equally special night in 2024.  Well maybe a bit more special!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

For many alums who made a last minute decision to go to Madison for that night,  it was tremendous.  So hard to describe properly. The culmination of years of ups and downs and other assorted challenges in the hopes that it would one day see the corps in finals.  It was a very special night.  Hoping for an equally special night in 2024.  Well maybe a bit more special!

I had heard that a similar turn out happened in 22. Lots and lots of alum reached out to Chris and the corps asking if he could find a ticket for them to get there. 

51 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

I had heard that a similar turn out happened in 22. Lots and lots of alum reached out to Chris and the corps asking if he could find a ticket for them to get there. 

In 99 I bought my ticket off a guy on a bicycle outside the stadium just before the show started.  

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2023 at 10:34 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Pretty confident that BAC has a better shot at championship in 2024 than St Kevin’s. 

I taught at St. Kevin’s School (1986-1992) about twenty plus years after the corps stopped competing. There was a store room in one of the school buildings that had old uniforms, bugles, drums, flags, trophies, and other corps memorabilia. No one ever went into the store room that I can recall. One year we returned after the summer and to our surprise, the store room had been emptied to make room for a computer lab. I have no idea what happened to the equipment. Alums may have rescued it but where the bugles were no longer the bugles used in competition, the uniforms were in bad shape, etc., my guess it was hauled away.

Edited by Tim K
  • Sad 1