Boston Crusaders 2024

9 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Correction; USC plays it after   Every.  Single.  Positive.  Play!  Every one!   

yes they only know 3 notes

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I love "Conquest", but isn't it from the 1947 movie Captain of Castile?  Our band (USC) plays it after each win. 

Yes . It is . Ed Denon wrote his version of “ Conquest “ for the Boston Crusaders . It was more of a jazzy version than written by original composer of the song Al Newman for movie Captain of Castile .  Denon’s version of the song even incorporated a soprano solo for a few years by BAC soprano soloist Jimmy Centorino . But yes , I did not mean above to imply that Denon was the actual composer of the signature song “ Conquest “ of the Crusaders ( apologize  it came across the way)  . Denon  was the first BAC  brass arranger to utilize the song at the Crusaders  . 

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

Yes . It is . Ed Denon wrote his version of “ Conquest “ for the Boston Crusaders . It was more of a jazzy version than written by original composer of the song Al Newman for movie Captain of Castile .  Denon’s version of the song even incorporated a soprano solo for a few years by BAC soprano soloist Jimmy Centorino . But yes , I did not mean above to imply that Denon was the actual composer of the signature song “ Conquest “ of the Crusaders ( apologize  it came across the way)  . Denon  was the first BAC  brass arranger to utilize the song at the Crusaders  . 

Great song from Hollywood's golden age of big music.  I remember Boston playing it in 73 or 74. 

3 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Ha!  See you October 12th.

Fight On!  ✌️

won't see me, i'll be in PA, probably judging a band show. i will see UCA the week before as that will probably be homecoming

Safe travels to all the BAC members and staff heading to Texas today for the January camp!  Rumor has it this is going to be one exciting weekend!

What time on Sunday is the run-through?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, craiga said:

Safe travels to all the BAC members and staff heading to Texas today for the January camp!  Rumor has it this is going to be one exciting weekend!

What time on Sunday is the run-through?

We want the run-through live-streamed. Just sayin’.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

We want the run-through live-streamed. Just sayin’.  

Me too!!!!!

• Thanks 1